XX Winter Olympics in Torino

Roger Clemente

Canada's women hockey team is lighting it up. Now outscoring the oposition 28-0.

The only time the match looked even was when Canada was shorthanded and even then they were able to get more chances than their opposition.

Bummed about Klassen getting bronze, I thought she'd get gold this time.

Loved the moguls, a really fun sport to watch.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On that note, let me introduce my new avatar: Steve Armitage :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(seriously--he is my all time least favorite sports announcer)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

A GOAL HAS BEEN SCORED ON TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!

yep thats right! 7-1 Canada over Sweden in the 2nd period

It's 8-1 now. The Womens Tournament is Canada and the United States then everyone else. In total so far 1 goal has been scored against the US and Canada combined.

The might as well just have the US play Canada in a best of 7 series for the Gold and then have everyone else play a tournament for the Bronze.

Wow, yesterday was pretty bad for injuries, man, the luge, speed skating, the skiers, and the ice dancing pair. man, who would have thought that non-contact sports could be so dangerous?

And the Dancers? man, they get credit for toughing it out, that was a nasty fall

Doing well at the halfpipe. Go flying tomato!

I love when americans invent a sport, and then dominate in it.

Have we ever not won all the Medals in snowboarding? Or has there been a case of a Canadian on the medal stand. Whenever I see snowboarding results it's an US sweep.

Have we ever not won all the Medals in snowboarding? Or has there been a case of a Canadian on the medal stand. Whenever I see snowboarding results it's an US sweep.

Someone forgot the 1998 snowboarding controversy pretty quickly

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ross: "I didn't smoke it, I was just around friends at a party who were." :rolleyes:

Wow, yesterday was pretty bad for injuries, man, the luge, speed skating, the skiers, and the ice dancing pair. man, who would have thought that non-contact sports could be so dangerous?

And the Dancers? man, they get credit for toughing it out, that was a nasty fall

Then again, you had the skiiers complaining in a pre-Olympic trial that the run was too easy, so the organizers obliged them.

Those were some scary scary wipeouts...however it looks like the US girl is gonna actually give it a go tomorrow (the defending champ from France that also went hard into the safety fencing is definitely out).

And I totally have to agree on the Chinese pair...that was gutty beyond words....a well deserved silver for them.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Yea, although that was 8 years ago though. Easy to forget something like that over 8 years in a sport you don't follow. I figured I Canadian had won one since that is the only other countyr outside the US that has snowboarding. So let me rephrase my question.

Has anyone outside the US or Canada ever won a Snowboarding Medal?

The might as well just have the US play Canada in a best of 7 series for the Gold and then have everyone else play a tournament for the Bronze.

I heard that on the radio the other day and I thought it would be a good idea, although the point of the Olympics is to have every country have a shot at winning gold so it would never fly, but I when the Canadian commentators are saying that they hope the game will be closer, something is wrong

Australian Dale Beggs-Smith has won gold in the moguls!

Biggest. Upset. Ever.

Then again, I'm not really that into moguls, so I wouldn't know., Im basing this on the fact that there is little to no snow in Australia, and this guy won. :P

Archived