Casual Weekend for College Basketball?

lahaye7

I noticed many college basketball caoches were wearing polo shirts and slacks, anybody know what this was for? The looked like they were in Hawaii tournys or high school.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Villanova's Jay Wright - normally GQ-smooth on the sidelines - didn't even bother with a collared shirt. I thought maybe his luggage didn't make it to Chicago for the DePaul game. But there's a chance this was an intentional casual move? Ooh... :puke: There's no reason to revisit the Bob Huggins/Larry Eustachy long-sleeved T-shirt look, is there? For God's sake, put on a coat and tie - act like a grown-up in front of your team and your school.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Yes it was to raise awareness for coaches vs. cancer.

At least it was for a good cause. But how does dressing like you're bumming around the house raise awareness about cancer? Pink ribbons for breast cancer, I get. Looking more slovenly and less professional for cancer, I don't get.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

You had two choices as a coach participating in this awareness drive.

1) Go totally casual, since you're wearing sneakers, or ...

2) Put on the jacket and tie, and pair them with sneakers, like the DePaul coach did. At least when JoePa does this, he is outdoors, and has the sense to wear black sneakers, and not red-white-blue sneakers.

Give me 1) over 2) any day.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Yes it was to raise awareness for coaches vs. cancer.

At least it was for a good cause. But how does dressing like you're bumming around the house raise awareness about cancer? Pink ribbons for breast cancer, I get. Looking more slovenly and less professional for cancer, I don't get.

We're talking about it aren't we? It's something that stands out.

Yeah, at the LMU-Pepperdine game, the Pepperdine staff did the suit and sneaker look while the LMU staff did the slacks, polo shirt, tennis shoe look.

(We still beat them though... :D )

VmWIn6B.png

Archived