Alexander and James on the Free Market

Saint Zephyr III

Fans of a certain mall-based whipped orange beverage purveyor will get the joke.

One may say that a trip to the mall is not complete without consumption of one of those drinks. I think they're fantastic...and pretty easy to make at home, too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Then why did the Eagles sign Westbrook to a three-year extension? However, perhaps they could use him as leverage for a possible trade for a wide-receiver, then look to sign one of the two major runners.

Don't get me wrong, I like Westbrook, and I'm glad the Eagles extended his contract. But he's not big enough to be a feature back. He's best used coming out of the backfield to screw up the defensive matchups. Two or three times a game, he finds himself in 1-on-1 converage against a slower LB and he can catch a pass and take it 30 or 40 yards. But he's not the guy who can get you those tough yards on 4th and inches between the tackles.

He's also been injured so often, he can't be a 30-carry per game guy. He worked best when the Eagles had at least 1 or 2 other RBs to complement him, guys like Staley and Buckhalter, who could run inside with some power and knock people over for the tough yards.

He's a great talent, but they can't get by with him as the only talent in the backfield. Reno Mahe is a joke, and [insert name of over-the-hill RB here, like Levens or Gordon] won't scare anybody. A power back like Alexander or Edge would be an ideal addition, and they have the money and organization to make it happen.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived