T-Shirt Logo Design

Neon_Matrix

LangtonHouse.jpg

I designed this logo on Illustrator and what it is is the rez house I curently live in and we're going to put it on a T-shirt for everyone in it. So I'm just curious about what others have to say about the actual look of it, the font for the text, and even the way its presented. Any suggestions to improve it would be greatly appreciated. This is my second ever project in Illustrator, so it would also be helpful to know how to properly make corners in that program, for the roof and whatnot. THANKS!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

It's well-rendered, but I think it would look better if it was simplified, dramatized and placed in a 3/4 view. It may be above your Illustrator skill level, but that's what I would do. I would not use Copperplate for the text. Copperplate is usually a bad font choice for large sizes. The only circumstance in which I would ever use it is by itself, in a small size, on a letterhead or business card, and I would use the shorter and wider version of it as well, which is called Copperplate 31, I believe. I also think your semi circle and rectangle are kind of distracting embellishments. I would have just the house, and place the text in a simple banner or something.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's well-rendered, but I think it would look better if it was simplified, dramatized and placed in a 3/4 view. It may be above your Illustrator skill level, but that's what I would do. I would not use Copperplate for the text. Copperplate is usually a bad font choice for large sizes. The only circumstance in which I would ever use it is by itself, in a small size, on a letterhead or business card, and I would use the shorter and wider version of it as well, which is called Copperplate 31, I believe. I also think your semi circle and rectangle are kind of distracting embellishments. I would have just the house, and place the text in a simple banner or something.

Um...alot of what you said just went right over my head...but I will simplify it (make the roof less...detailed...and change the font, as well as tinker with the presentation. I'm not sure if this will be a small crest over the right breast or cover half the front of the shirt...but thank you alot for the input and I'll make those changes soon. If you happen to know of any websites that could actually show me how to use illustrator to the extent your talking about, it would be highly appreciated. THANKS!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived