college baseball uniforms

nickelcat15

I gotta go with my Gators. This is a friend of mine who pitched for them last year and is now in the minors with the Blue Jays.

7811_512.jpg

1049056855.jpg

Some other photos...

040601base.jpg

Intl_Photos_8277516.jpg

DSCF0829.jpg

And this is our wonderful ballpark:

DSCF0645.jpg

Florida also has a black jersey just like the orange one, but they rarely wear it. The road unis are just grey versions of the sleeveless white jerseys.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gotta go with my Gators. This is a friend of mine who pitched for them last year and is now in the minors with the Blue Jays.

Florida also has a black jersey just like the orange one, but they rarely wear it. The road unis are just grey versions of the sleeveless white jerseys.

Ooh, no.

Mesh jerseys for games? Not just one, but three colored jerseys (blue, orange, black) plus home whites and road grays? This is excess to the point of being detrimental. Most of the pictures scream softball league. You shouldn't need a closetful of possible outfits to play a game of baseball.

LSU's no better... 3 completely different home white uniforms? Really, you need 3 uniforms for half your games, not counting the gold and/or purple jerseys to be worn as alternates to those alternates?

Also - anyone else notice St. John's swapped the placement of the monogram and the player number? Looks very odd.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Actually, lots of schools have 4 or 5 jerseys. Michigan has 2 whites and 2 grays, as well as blue and yellow. Clemson, Florida, lots of SEC schools have multiple alts. I don't mind it because most of them are good looking kits.

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Florida State has 4 whites (default home, pinstripe, logo on chest, vest), 3 grays (default road, pinstripe vest, logo on chest) one garnet, and the Sunday golds (9 total) to go with 4 hats (solid garnet, garnet/gold, white/garnet, grey/garnet). Oh, and the garnet jerseys are not mesh.

I've always liked FSUs... clean and classy, and they make the gold work.

My favorite college baseball uni, and the only one I own is the Cal State Fullerton Titans. I have the navy blue jersey that they wear on the road and sometimes at home.

Being a fan, I'm a little biased, but I love the "Fullerton" type treatment and the colors are nice.

m-basebl-mgcover-2005.jpg

whaT about usc

What about USC?

If you're trying to use that poster to say USC has multiple looks, look closely. The two players on the right at the bottom are Mark McGwire and Randy Johnson, who were at USC in the early 1980s.

And my point earlier still stands. Just because a lot of schools do something foolish - like have an entire wardrobe for one season of college baseball - doesn't mean it's appropriate, wise or logical. It's the sports uniform corollary to your father asking you, "If every one of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" Popular ideas aren't always correct ideas. No one has disproven that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

m-basebl-mgcover-2005.jpg

whaT about usc

What about USC?

If you're trying to use that poster to say USC has multiple looks, look closely. The two players on the right at the bottom are Mark McGwire and Randy Johnson, who were at USC in the early 1980s.

And my point earlier still stands. Just because a lot of schools do something foolish - like have an entire wardrobe for one season of college baseball - doesn't mean it's appropriate, wise or logical. It's the sports uniform corollary to your father asking you, "If every one of your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" Popular ideas aren't always correct ideas. No one has disproven that.

I remember reading a while back that the reason for the 4-5 jerseys is that it allows teams to play a weekend set of games without doing laundry (money-saving issue).

I'm not buying it as a legit excuse, I'm just relaying the info. We all know it's about marketing/merchandise.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I remember reading a while back that the reason for the 4-5 jerseys is that it allows teams to play a weekend set of games without doing laundry (money-saving issue).

I'm not buying it as a legit excuse, I'm just relaying the info.  We all know it's about marketing/merchandise.

From experience, I think the laundry excuse is very much a legit excuse. For weekend series, the equip managers have to wash three sets of jerseys at some point, whether during the weekend - one set after every game - or, all jerseys after the weekend series is complete. Multiple jerseys is a matter of saving time for equipment managers. The money-saving thing really isn't an issue, as the schools have to buy 5 sets of jerseys (if they want that many), and they spend just as much on laundry as a team with one home/one road, no matter how you look at it. One load of laundry three days a week costs just as much as three loads of laundry one day a week.

Merchandise is not a huge deal for college baseball. Nike makes jerseys for retail, but they usually do one or two jerseys (max), not all 5 sets.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From experience, I think the laundry excuse is very much a legit excuse. For weekend series, the equip managers have to wash three sets of jerseys at some point, whether during the weekend - one set after every game - or, all jerseys after the weekend series is complete. Multiple jerseys is a matter of saving time for equipment managers. The money-saving thing really isn't an issue, as the schools have to buy 5 sets of jerseys (if they want that many), and they spend just as much on laundry as a team with one home/one road, no matter how you look at it. One load of laundry three days a week costs just as much as three loads of laundry one day a week.

The laundry excuse may be legit, but how about just having one style of road uniform times three and one style of home uniform times 3. My alma mater (LSU) has an embarassing number of different styles of uniforms (see the three different white uniform comment a few places up).

What about USC?

You mean the team with the wordmark of the 1985-91 San Diego Padres? Actually, the Trojans look pretty good, but can't they come up with their own kind of wordmark instead of ripping off one from someone else?

I don't really follow college baseball, but I like the jerseys Rice wore; the purple with the Old English script and the shoulder stripes. Not a big purple fan, but it was good usage.

Aren't the Rice jerseys blue?

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Archived