Chris Cuthbert

jkrdevil

Does anyone know why Chris Cuthbert isn't broadcasting the olympics for NBC. The entire NHL on NBC announcers are over there except him. Instead they have Kenny Albert calling the games. It just seems odd that he is the only one missing. Is he calling the games for Canada?

I was kinda of looking foward to him calling some of the Olympic games.

It could have to so with the fact that he's under contract with Canada's TSN. NBC only borrows him for their NHL broadcasts. Cuthbert does other stuff for TSN besides hockey and TSN is CBC's partner for Olympic coverage. I can't actually confirm this though because I've yet to bother watching TSN for any Olympic coverage.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

It could have to so with the fact that he's under contract with Canada's TSN. NBC only borrows him for their NHL broadcasts. Cuthbert does other stuff for TSN besides hockey and TSN is CBC's partner for Olympic coverage. I can't actually confirm this though because I've yet to bother watching TSN for any Olympic coverage.

Could be that's why I asked. I know he works for TSN as well but so does Pierre McGuire and we still have to listen to him in the states during the Olympics.

If I had to venture a guess as to why Pierre Maguire is on NBC then, it's probably because Maguire is strictly a color analyst and is pretty much only hockey, whereas Cuthbert is play-by-play and does cover other sports besides hockey which TSN is covering (though the only sport I can think of off the top of my head that I know for certain that he covers is CFL football.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived