Moore files suit against Bertuzzi

Nick 1733

I find it weird that everyone uses the drunk-driving example for comparison when there is another Olympian who has faced that problem.

And how can you prove that Bertuzzi DROVE Moore's head into the ice? Who's to say Bertuzzi didn't trip on his own stick and wind up falling on top of him?

I think Moore was knocked flat out cold on the first punch and dropped like a brick. I don't think Bertuzzi expected him to just drop so effortlessly. The combonation of Moore completely giving out from under him and Bertuzzi then stepping on his own stick caused Bertuzzi to fall down on top of him, IMO.

And I find blaming who for piling on top of who is pointless. It doesn't matter if it was other Avs or Canucks players. I think their purpose was to try and drag everybody else off of whoever was under them.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Bertuzzi punched Moore in the back of the head, which was a sucker shot for which he should have been punished. But you can't say how much damage Moore's own teammates did to him piling on in the ensuing scrum.

Definetly

Bertuzzi's first punch may have knocked Moore unconcious, but the actual damage could have been done when the 2 or 3 teammates of Moores jumped on Bertuzzi and the first thing to hit the ice was Moore's head. Definetly some sort of injury happened there.

Watch the video, Moore's head goes into the ice when Bertuzzi lands on him, that's certainly what did the damage. The only Avalanche player that jumped on, his weight on Moore's lower back area, not anything that would cause damage to his neck. The rest of the players that jumped on were Canucks.

IUe6Hvh.png

Come on. Isn't enough, enough? Bertuzzi's done his time not playing in the 03/04 playoffs which he coulda helped the Canucks go far in the playoffs, then he missed the World Cup of hockey, he had his dignity and pride taken away, he's gone through months of trials and finally when he does nothing but play the game he loves, Moore dumps this on him? And he obviously did it to disrupt Bert at the Olympics....

Moore shows more each day that he is a punk who doesn't know how to forgive. Bert has apologized, sent letters to Moore, and Moore doesn't listen, didn't want to hear the speech, let it go, Bertuzzi did A REALLY STUPID THING and he knows it but it's in the past, and Moore shoulda just filed this lawsuit 3 months ago so Bert would have some of this done with so come Feb he could concentrate FULLY on helping team Canada win a gold medal.

PLEASE tell me this is really good sarcasm, right?

Please?

He attacked a man in a pre-meditated fashion and took away his ability to earn a paycheck.

Of COURSE he's going to get sued. Duh.

The "Moore is a punk" part was sarcasm. Either that or I just was thinking stupidly at 7:30 in the morning. Now that I think of it, some of that was stupid and I regret it.

What Bertuzzi did was the stupidest thing hockey has ever seen, no doubt, and I agree he should be harshy punished, but I do not agree that Moore should not have filed this lawsuit while Bertuzzi was at the Olympics

Isn't the timing rich, though?

Right on the first day of Bertuzzi's appearance on the Olympic ice surface. It smacks of trying to make a spectacle of the case, and that just doesn't sit well with me, no matter what's transpired to this point.

That was exactly what I was trying to say

Actually, I think it's effective timing for Steve Moore to bring up the lawsuit. He will bring up the games to try to further express his frustrations at Bertuzzi in the lines of "look at him, he's at the Olympics, while I'm still here injured. Now how fair is that?" I don't think the lawsuit would be out there in the media as much if this occured sometime before or after the Olympics.

As for Bertuzzi's suspension. I think he would have gotten more than the original 17 games + playoffs had the NHL played last season. But because of the lockout, it was effectively over a year, which actually might have been more than what he could have missed had the NHL played last season.

I saw, I came, I left.

If I'm not mistaken, the suspension rendered Bertuzzi ineligible for any of the Player's Union benefits or subsidiary payments that all the players received anyways during the lockout. That's an extra 15 months he went without payment while Moore still received his payments.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Moore has been skating and practising on ice to some degree for the past few months as well.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived