Random babblings

sc49erfan15

-Mike Rumph is a waste of a first-round pick.

-The 49ers should cut Owen Pochman.

-The 49ers never should have cut Jeff Chandler in the first place.

-I would say cut the holder, David LaFleur too, but he's our punter. Get a new holder.

-It's almost time for Garrison Hearst to let go.

-The 49ers never should have fired Mooch.

-Hopefully, after dropping three passes, T.O. has enough sense to shut his mouth.

-That lime green stripe on the Seahawks sleeves annoys me.

-The refs are flag-happy. That taunting call on Hasselbeck was crap.

-It annoys me when a center picks up the ball to move it or get the laces up before a snap. That's, technically, the beginning of the play. When I played, they told us if the center picks up the ball, one DT should hit the center and one DT should jump on the ball. Why doesn't this happen in the NFL?

-The Seahawks have a linebacker named Isiah Kacyvenski. He's from HARVARD. That's bad-ass.

-The 49ers need a kick/punt returner something fierce. Wherefore art thou, Dexter Carter?

-Whatever happened to flankers and ends?

-Why don't NFL teams run the option?

:D

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I have to disagree on some points.

- Mike Rumph is a 2nd year player.  Are you really gonna expect him to be all that good in his 2nd year?  Some players, yes, but not nessecarily a late 1st rounder.  He's getting beat, oh well, that's the only way he's gonna learn.

- Jeff Chandler sucked.  Jose Cortez sucked.  And now Owen Pochman sucks.  I can't exactly say either of them would be an upgrade from another.  However, Jose DID miss FG's when they really mattered.

- It'll be difficult for Hearst to let go when he has to share his time with Barlow.  I say you have to get rid of one of them in the offseason and hope to get a WR out of it, cuz' next year, T.O. will be playing somewhere else.  Hopefully, if you get rid of either Hearst or Barlow, you have to keep Barlow.  Barlow would be a borderline Pro-Bowler if he was in a more permanent spot.

- What exactly did Mooch do for the 49ers?  When people say that Mooch rebuilt the 49ers, they seem to forget that it was not Mooch, but Bill Walsh and others in the Front Office that rebuilt that team.  Mooch WAS the right coach for that team, until that team evolved and Terrell Owens stood out as a top 3 WR in the league, with Tai Streets at #2 catching almost 80 passes in 14 starts.  Mooch ran that offense far too conservatively.  And while Mooch wasn't the right man, so far, neither is Dennis Erickson.  I was hoping for someone like Ty Willingham.  A stern coach who'd be able to control T.O.'s attitude better.  But he's happy in Notre Dame.  Not to mention, Willingham has experience with Bill Walsh.

- T.O. needs to shut his mouth?  Hardly.  When Terrell gets his touches, the 49ers win.  His complaining is hardly uncalled for.  He was open 75% of the plays against the Rams with Archuletta covering him and Garcia rarely looked his way.  What a joke.

- I didn't get to watch the game cuz' I was at the Avalanche/Blues game, but yeah, the refs at the Avs game sucked too.  :D

- Yeah, I say knock the center on his ass.  Defense is supposed to go on movement, movement is supposed to be the start of a play.  Too much of what you were talking about should've atleast be a penalty.

- Hell yeah the 49ers need a hell of a return man.  The next Dante Hall is out there somewhere...

- And NFL teams don't run the option because NFL Linebackers, and Defenses in general, are too fast for it.  The Bears have tried it a few times this season, with limited success.  I know they tried it atleast 2 or 3 times on MNF against the Pack.

IUe6Hvh.png

- T.O. needs to shut his mouth? Hardly. When Terrell gets his touches, the 49ers win. His complaining is hardly uncalled for. He was open 75% of the plays against the Rams with Archuletta covering him and Garcia rarely looked his way. What a joke.

No...no...I think you misunderstood me. I agree with T.O., throw him the ball...only if he's going to catch it. He dropped 3 passes, one WIDE open. For his own good, I think he needs to quiet down for a week or two because he did drop three passes. 49ers games are rarely on here, but I don't recall T.O. having butterfingers before...if he says anything this week about not having the ball thrown his way the first thing everyone will point out is that he dropped three.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

- And NFL teams don't run the option because NFL Linebackers, and Defenses in general, are too fast for it.  The Bears have tried it a few times this season, with limited success.  I know they tried it atleast 2 or 3 times on MNF against the Pack.
it don't work for the bears cus friggin kordell's not gonna pitch it.  it's just a QB sweep disguised as option, only the disguise is so see through it's not even funny.  if someone who actually knew how to run option was a QB in the league *dials eric crouch's #* then it has a better chance of working, cus he'll be more likely to pitch out than kordell...on teh subject of not pitching it out on option like 99% of the time, UW's old QB, Mike Samuel...to this day, i know UW had dayne but i wonder how the hell he got away with keeping it 99% of the time...did the coaches not notice this?  did they actually think he was gonna pitch it?  while i'm on that, i've been dreaming up some CRAZY option plays...fake to fullback, fake pitch, handoff to a pulling guard...handoff to guard and fake pitch...fake to guard, fake again, handoff to wideout who acts like he doesn't have it, then gets to the other side of the field for the TD...man i need sardines :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

granted, had pochman made good on one of those field goals or if hearst didnt fumble on the last posession, it would have been a different game

however, the bottom line for the 49ers 2-4 record when it should be 5-1 record is that Garcia SUCKS!

as long as he is our QB we can FORGET about going to the super bowl anytime soon, let alone winning one. There is a reason why we drafted Ken Dorsey. Hell at this point we got nothing to lose by starting Tim Rattay.

theyve taken thier lumps, but I feel that our young defense had played pretty good, keeping these games so close. the only game the defense truly sucked was the vikings game. however our alleged "potent" offense has been anything but. The O-Line has been banged up and now Eric Johnson is out for the year so there is now a gaping hole at TE.

next week could tell it all. if we someway somehow miraculously upset the bucs it could turn the whole season around. however getting blown away by them would pretty much end the season, if it aint over allready.

exactly, Shark.  Although I'm not so sure it's that Jeff Garcia sucks as much as he sucks in that particular offense.  He has the ability to get outside the pocket, take off on defenses, he can throw the ball... but he can't throw the long ball.  When you have a WR like Terrell Owens who's faster than alot of DB's, and is stronger than the ones he can't outrun, and can probably outjump them and all that...you have to have the ability to throw the long ball and Jeff Garcia just doesn't have that.  But then again, although he was a steal of a deal in the 7th Round, Ken Dorsey doesn't have the long ball ability neither.  Heck, that's the reason Dorsey fell to the 7th round.  But there is one thing Ken Dorsey is good at... Getting the ball to his #1 WR.  As shown by Andre Johnson's #'s last season.

Whatever it is... Jeff Garcia ain't doing the trick and the 49ers might as well trade him in the offseason while he still has some stock.  Won't get too much, considering his age... but they'd get something.  And if they lose to Tampa Bay, they might as well let Ken Dorsey take the field.  If he does bad, then he learns from his experience and the 49ers will get a high draft pick, and can pick up a solid QB in the upcoming draft.

When I go to 49ers games, their record is... um... 0-0.  Undefeated... ain't bad, huh?

IUe6Hvh.png

College offenses to not work in the pro's. Defensive speed is to great.

Another hint: Bad line = Bad QB

The NFL it takes 3 things to go to the big dance: A solid offensive line, Run game and a Defense that can force the issue.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

College offenses to not work in the pro's. Defensive speed is to great.

Another hint: Bad line = Bad QB

The NFL it takes 3 things to go to the big dance: A solid offensive line, Run game and a Defense that can force the issue.

Its interesting that of the last 4 or 5 superbowl winning qbs, how many have seemingly come from knowhere to win the big one. Going back to the Ravens, Rams, Patriots, Buccs. Also interesting how many of those teams are/were defense based. Only really the Rams would be considered an offense based team. Goes to show how right hobogrish is I guess!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

the fact that their defensive teams is merely coincidental.  The phrase "Defense wins Championships" is not true.  It just simply isn't.

The Raiders would've won that Super Bowl had John Gruden not coached the Raiders before and know their entire gameplan and everything.  John Lynch was practically calling out the plays the Raiders were doing.  So the Bucs essentially had years of preperation for that game.

Let's take a look back at the 9 Super Bowl winners before the Ravens.

St. Louis Rams

Denver Broncos (2)

Green Bay Packers

Dallas Cowboys (3)

San Francisco 49ers

Washington Redskins

All were teams that were stronger on the offensive side of the ball.  Although I'm not 100% sure about the Redskins, in that one.  They all had atleast good defenses... but they were, by no means, defensive powers.

So the most accurate saying would be "Balance wins Championships."

IUe6Hvh.png

well guys, we did it. and no Tank I didnt go to the game  :P

is it safe to say that the much maligned O-line played thier best game of the year? You look at Hearst and Barlow combining for 200+ yards on the ground against that defense, and although he had more drops T.O. was definitly more then involved with his 100+ yard game with a TD (should have been three TDs)

I knew our defense would at least give us a chance. it was the offense going up against tampas D that had me worried. but we survived it. very satisfying win! now we have to take care of business against the cardinals (sorry pantone) and things will look a lot better then they once did

Perhaps they finally have things figured out in San Fran. Best playcalling I've seen all year from Erickson except for the Bears game... But I doubt it's possible to call a bad play against the Bears.

People seem to want to count the 49ers out or say they're not a good team... but other than the ass kicking we got from Minnesota, we've lost 3 of our 4 losses by a combined 4 points. All games that could've very easily have gone the other way... and 2 that probably should've.

The beauty of it is, the way it looks right now, the 49ers schedule looks to be somewhat easy.

I know the Rams are no gimme, but we've outplayed them once this season. And then the Cardinals are , well (sorry Pantone) the Cardinals -- and we got two against em'. The Pack in Green Bay won't be as hard as years past and I feel we have the better team. And it won't be as cold as a laste december game. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Philadelphia have all struggled this season... and if we contain Jamal Lewis, Baltimore definetely shouldn't be much of a problem. And is there anyone in the last few years of the NFL that has actually worried about the Bengals? And we could've beaten the Seahawks.

IUe6Hvh.png

the fact that their defensive teams is merely coincidental. The phrase "Defense wins Championships" is not true. It just simply isn't.

I didn't say defense wins championships, I was agreeing with a comment that largely agrees with your opinion that an all around game is important. However, it is true to say that largely the defenses have won the teams I mentioned a superbowl, and that they had largwly unheralded, at least before there superbowl season began, QBs.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived