Argos Sign Eric Crouch

Bleujayone

Okay, know the Argos need a younger QB since Damon Allen is geriatric and Michael Bishop's a bust. But is this the only person they could find? I thought he quit the NFL because he couldn't play QB and refused to play anything else- hell even in the NFL Europe he didn't play QB. I think the comparison to Matt Dunigan is a bit of a stretch too. :blink:

QB Eric Crouch joins Argos Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2006

The Toronto Argonauts have announced the signing of 2001 Heisman Trophy winner, quarterback Eric Crouch.

?Eric is an incredible athlete and we are looking forward to him becoming a big part of our team," said assistant GM/director player personnel Greg Mohns: "We were extremely happy with his showing at the workout, and we saw a lot of Matt Dunigan in his skill-set. He worked hard to gain arm strength and he already has a very quick release. He has an outstanding ability to run and throw the football and coach Austin is already looking to devise plays that take advantage of Eric?s talents. It has been a very long process that started several years ago, and we?re happy to see the deal close.?

?It has been a long time coming and I?m excited to be part of the Argonauts," remarked Crouch. "I can?t wait to get to camp and I am eager to become part of the Toronto community.?

Crouch played college football at the University of Nebraska where he cemented himself as one of the most prolific pivots in school history. In his four years at Nebraska, Eric carried his team to the Big 12 championship and received numerous awards and accolades. His college career culminated with a Heisman Trophy as the best player in US college for 2001.

After spending parts of the past four seasons with the Green Bay Packers, St. Louis Rams and Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL, Crouch most recently played with the Hamburg Sea Devils of NFL Europe where he played safety.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

YAY!!! hes finally somewhere

Eric Crouch went to my HS....his jersery is hanging in one of our hallways.... :D

anyways...im glad he finally found a place to go....i was hoping NFL, but thats OK also....

I just wanna do hoodrat things with my friends.

Archived