Olympic Hockey jerseys

02Rover

.... Im not a fan of the same template, different color design the Olympic hockey teams are using from Nike.

I used to love how all the different countrys jerseys looked so different and unique. Now its XFL-ish in how they all use the same style, but only change out a logo here or a color there.

Does anyone else agree?

i HATE the olympic uniforms with the exception of the Swiss and Sweden. what's with the vertical stripes on the socks on the front?????? That looks HORRIBLE, words can not express how bad I think they look. Like I said, the Swiss have the best uniforms at the olympics, at least they look like hockey uniforms.

Needless to say that if this is the direction the NHL jersey's will be going in next year, I won't be buying a new one, even if my Sabres go back to the Blue & Gold.

May God have mercy on my soul for saying this, but the jerseys are growing on me. If they eliminated the superfluous lines on the back of the jerseys and all of the teams went to horizontal stripes on the socks like Canada, it wouldn't be all that bad. I may be in the process of being brainwashed by the Nike machine, but Sweden and Switzerland comparatively look like they're playing in trash bags. And I seriously don't remember Sweden's yellow being so highlighterish (if that's a word).

Finally, props to you, Buffalo Fan, for moving from the paradise of rust and corruption that is Western New York to the hometown of one of the greatest bands I've ever heard, The Juliana Theory.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

While I detest the striping on the jerseys and socks I must admit the look and fit of the jerseys is very nice. That being said us folks who like to ware them to cover our beer bellies will not look so nice.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

While I detest the striping on the jerseys and socks I must admit the look and fit of the jerseys is very nice. That being said us folks who like to ware them to cover our beer bellies will not look so nice.

I like the old school, baggy hockey jerseys.

Old school.....

Now its XFL-ish in how they all use the same style,

more like NFL Europe. XFL had a differnt template for each team. The only thing that was the same was the field which I think sucked. Had the league gone a second year, I'm sure the same field look would have been tossed.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

These jerseys have grown on me and I'm really liking them. I love the black german ones, and after todays game, the Canadian alts. I dont like the vertical socks, but otherwise I like the jerseys.

BTW, this has all been known since september...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why do Switzrland and Sweden get spared the embarrasment of wearing these awful uniforms? That's not right. Fu*king swedes....

These uniforms are awful and we can only hope they never see light outside of these olympics.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The socks make the overall uniform look terrible, but the template lacks originality. I loved the Swedish sweaters before; now they look like the only team that knows how to dress for a hockey game. Instead of this nonsensical "theme-and-variation" approach where each country is allowed to color in a basic template, I'd rather see unique designs. Which is exactly what concerns me about what MAY happen to the NHL - every team has at least one unique element (Senators' laurel stripe, Hurricanes' flag stripe, NYR's shoulder stripes) that could get tossed aside for homogeneity's sake.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I'm so old I actually remember the USA Gold Medal team from Squaw Valley in 1960. The uniforms that the USA wore that year were exact copies of the New York Rangers, the only difference being "USA" in place of "RANGERS." They even used the Rangers' Royal Blue. Although not original in design they were unmistakably the USA when you saw them on the ice, although the games were all in black & white.

These are the best unis the USA has ever worn.

Lets not forget the monochrome aspect of these uniforms. The USA in blue jerseys, blue shorts, blue socks???? The monochrome makes them look like they had their uniforms designed by one of the player's 5 year old kids who only had one crayon. In addtion, the striped socks only add to the roller hockey look.

These uniforms would be the type of thing that should be expected from only three groups... 1) Brain dead graphic design school dropouts, dropped on thier face from the tops of ladders and beaten about the head and shoulders with cricket bats as babies . 2) Nike 3) Reebok

If reebok does anything CLOSE to this next year to the NHL I hope they all get ebola and bleed to death out of thier eyes.

BroncosSig.jpg

The actual jersey design isn't really that bad, and if only one team had it, none of us would probably be complaining too much... It's only when EVERY team (save for the smart ones, Sweden and Switzerland) has the same jersey design does it get anoying. Take your all-time favorite NHL jersey design... then adapt it for every single team by just changing out colors... all of a sudden, your favorite design is repetitive and unoriginal. That's the problem.

i HATE the olympic uniforms with the exception of the Swiss and Sweden. what's with the vertical stripes on the socks on the front?????? That looks HORRIBLE, words can not express how bad I think they look. Like I said, the Swiss have the best uniforms at the olympics, at least they look like hockey uniforms.

Needless to say that if this is the direction the NHL jersey's will be going in next year, I won't be buying a new one, even if my Sabres go back to the Blue & Gold.

Yeah, coincidently the two countries that chose not to use the new Nike Swift jerseys.

If anything, the rumors I've read here say that Reebok has at least 10 templates for the NHL in mind, rather than just ONE template for everyone.

The German jerseys are the only Swift jerseys that look halfway decent, but still not a single one of these jerseys compare to the old designs they've all had.

If that's the case, then I'm glad I got rid of my beer belly. Mmmmm, college...

QPR%20Sig.png

The actual jersey design isn't really that bad, and if only one team had it, none of us would probably be complaining too much... It's only when EVERY team (save for the smart ones, Sweden and Switzerland) has the same jersey design does it get anoying. Take your all-time favorite NHL jersey design... then adapt it for every single team by just changing out colors... all of a sudden, your favorite design is repetitive and unoriginal. That's the problem.

You might be right.... although even on its own the template isn't great.

Sweden looks as great as ever.

Needless to say that if this is the direction the NHL jersey's will be going in next year

Oh, god. Tell me thay arent.

If anything, the rumors I've read here say that Reebok has at least 10 templates for the NHL in mind, rather than just ONE template for everyone.

Yes, but, keep in mind thats 10 templates for 32 teams.

oBIgzrL.png

Lets not forget the monochrome aspect of these uniforms. The USA in blue jerseys, blue shorts, blue socks???? The monochrome makes them look like they had their uniforms designed by one of the player's 5 year old kids who only had one crayon. In addtion, the striped socks only add to the roller hockey look.

These uniforms would be the type of thing that should be expected from only three groups... 1) Brain dead graphic design school dropouts, dropped on thier face from the tops of ladders and beaten about the head and shoulders with cricket bats as babies . 2) Nike 3) Reebok

If reebok does anything CLOSE to this next year to the NHL I hope they all get ebola and bleed to death out of thier eyes.

Exactly. Matching pants and jersey colors, Vertical stripes, side panels.

Isn't that the look that everyone hates when talking about football?

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived