What teams have alternate/third jerseys

tohasbo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Running through the Big East...this is off the top of my head here :lol:

UConn has a 1990-91 throwback that's been quasi-designated as an "alternate"

Notre Dame has a gold alt that reads "Irish" in a Gaelic-type script (or at least they did, dunno if they still use it or not)

Louisville has a black alt

Cincinnati has a red alt

West Virginia has a silver alt

I think that about covers it...

West Virginia Also has a Gold Alt along with the Grey, which some people call it a silver. The grey has been used throughout the years even from back in WVU's A-10 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I coach at McNeese State and we have both blue and black road unis. We're looking at possibly getting gold alts for home games next year. In our conference I know UT San Antonio has both blue and orange road unis. I know that Southeastern Louisiana has black road unis, but not sure if they have a green set as well. That's all from the Southland Conference.

As far as teams we played this year, I think Auburn has both orange and blue sets for road games, LSU has white gold and purple sets, and if I'm not mistaken Southern Miss has white gold and black sets.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

• 11 months later...

As an update, this is what I know...

Maryland

Virginia Tech

Virginia

Clemson

Boston College

Notre Dame

Miami

Florida State

George Washington

George Mason

Gonzaga

Ohio State

Illinois

LOuisville

Connecticut

Marquette

West Virginia

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan State

Wake Forest

Oklahoma State

Georgia

Akron

Arizona

Bucknell

If anyone has any more, please post them here!

Maryland

Virginia Tech

Virginia

Clemson

Boston College

Notre Dame

Miami

Florida State

George Washington

George Mason

Gonzaga

Ohio State

Illinois

LOuisville

Connecticut

Marquette

West Virginia

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan State

Wake Forest

Oklahoma State

Georgia

Akron

Arizona

Bucknell

LSU went with white at home vs. Florida two days ago after wearing gold at home for most of the season.

On the road, LSU wears purple almost exclusively and that's been the case for most of John Brady's 10 seasons there. LSU had a black alternate a few years ago that it wore on the road almost as much as the purple, but the black uniform no longer exists (thankfully).

Washington has a gold alt to go along with its standard white and purple. They wear it for home white and for away colors.

Also I know last year WSU had a grey alt to go along with their normal crimson and white, but I dont think I've seen it with this years set.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Maryland (has not been worn yet)

just wanted to point out that these are the best jerseys ever, also, didnt Kansas have red alts at one time? they probably dont anymore, but i swear to god i remember seeing them.

Yeah, Kansas has had red alts. I don't know if they've worn them this season, though. I don't think they've worn them in a conference game at the very least.

One year, during the Larry Brown era, there was a gold alt. It was worn once and then scrapped when the Jayhawks underperformed in a game at (I think) Western Carolina.

Maryland

Virginia Tech

Virginia

Clemson

Boston College

Notre Dame

Miami

Florida State

George Washington

George Mason

Gonzaga

Ohio State

Illinois

LOuisville

Connecticut

Marquette

West Virginia

Iowa

Michigan

Michigan State

Wake Forest

Oklahoma State

Georgia

Akron

Arizona

Bucknell

LSU went with white at home vs. Florida two days ago after wearing gold at home for most of the season.

On the road, LSU wears purple almost exclusively and that's been the case for most of John Brady's 10 seasons there. LSU had a black alternate a few years ago that it wore on the road almost as much as the purple, but the black uniform no longer exists (thankfully).

Wichita State has white and gold home uniforms. I don't know if anyone else in the MVC has an alternate.

Ape.

I'm surprised that Syracuse doesn't wear a blue basketball jersey. The football team has occasionally worn orange; why not the basketball team blue?

Can anyone else think of a school where the basketball team wears one color and the football team another? Thinking about it, it's kind of weird that Syracuse is the way it is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived