Super Bowl XLI Logo

Cuse2000

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's wrong with the Jacksonville logo, I like it?

I'll give you the XLI logo because they pretty much took the XL logo in Illustrator and changed come colors, did a different text warp and added a football and a pylon

Please, any one on this board with Illustrator and a vector file of XL could do it in less than five minutes

The unveiling was official yesterday.

This board had a leaked logo, but some folks, myself included, didnt think that could POSSIBLY be the real logo, cause it was so craptastic.

We were wrong.

Good leak, to whomever posted it earlier.

2006-02-17_SBXLI-a.jpg

SUPER BOWL XLI: Committee unveils logo, theme

By Sarah Talalay

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Posted February 17 2006

MIAMI GARDENS · With 352 days until next year's big game, NFL and South Florida Super Bowl XLI Host Committee officials unveiled on Thursday a South Florida-style orange and blue XLI logo and a theme -- "One Game. One Dream." -- meant to reflect the region working together to present the event.

The logo is orange for the sun, blue for the ocean, and the `I' is designed to resemble an end zone pylon because "the goal is to get to the game," said Michael Capiraso, NFL vice president, executive creative director.

This is the third year the Super Bowl has been given a theme as a way to brand the game, which will be played at Dolphins Stadium on Feb. 4, 2007. (Super Bowl XL in Detroit's theme was "The Road To Forty.")

Jaime Weston, NFL director brand management & integration marketing & sales, said "One Game. One Dream." was developed because of the tri-county region working together to present the NFL's biggest game in "a dream destination for football fans."

NFL officials said the logo and theme will begin appearing at league events such as April's draft and will become more visible during the 2006 season.

Capiraso said he expects apparel with the logo will likely be introduced closer to the season.

Michael Kelly, president of the host committee, said the logo and theme unveiling serve as something of a public kickoff to preparations for the game.

He said NFL officials have been in the region this week examining telephone and technology services at hotels that will be used by the league and the teams for the game.

After Super Bowls in Detroit this year and Jacksonville in 2005, the NFL is looking forward to returning to a traditional, warm-weather Super Bowl market. South Florida last hosted the Super Bowl in 1999.

I like it. Even though it's simular to this year with the font and stars it's much better than this years was. It's not uncommon for leagues to use simular stuff each year. I like the pylon and the football.

So it's more of a generic football one. The game is in Miami so much that the logos would have started repeating themselves.

I like it.

you guys are all dummyheads i like the XLI logo! has anyone noticed the I in XLI looks like a pilon? (the things in the corner of the endzones)

Yes, we've noticed it, and we noticed it in the other Super Bowl XLI logo thread, and other people (i.e. league officials) noticed it too.

The logo is orange for the sun, blue for the ocean, and the `I' is designed to resemble an end zone pylon because "the goal is to get to the game," said Michael Capiraso, NFL vice president, executive creative director.
I like the pylon and the football.

Archived