Super Bowl XLI Logo

Cuse2000

you guys are all dummyheads i like the XLI logo! has anyone noticed the I in XLI looks like a pilon? (the things in the corner of the endzones)

And you ask why people bash you... :wacko:

And yes, I had noticed it was a PYLON. I noticed it looked like a PYLON when I first saw the logo on the website some weeks ago.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geese it's not the best logo ever but it's pretty good. I like it. The I looks kind of weird infront of everything else though.

Anyway the Houston one was bad, but the rest lately have been pretty good. I love the San Diego and Jacksonville ones.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I like it. Even though it's simular to this year with the font and stars it's much better than this years was. It's not uncommon for leagues to use simular stuff each year. I like the pylon and the football.

So it's more of a generic football one. The game is in Miami so much that the logos would have started repeating themselves.

I like it.

yeah, there's so much you can do with a logo considering the game is played there so many times. It's not a bad logo, although I would have loved to see a different font for the XL.

I also think that the Super Bowl XXXVII and XXXIX logos (San Diego and Jacksonville) were two of the best Super Bowl logos ever!

I saw, I came, I left.

you guys are all dummyheads i like the XLI logo! has anyone noticed the I in XLI looks like a pilon? (the things in the corner of the endzones)

And yes, I had noticed it was a PYLON. I noticed it looked like a PYLON when I first saw the logo on the website some weeks ago.

0289.jpg

it does sorta look like rich pilon though, doesn't it? :hockeysmiley:

0289.jpg

it does sorta look like rich pilon though, doesn't it? :hockeysmiley:

Oh great, now you just reminded me of the Mark Messier Lay's commercial:

Player: Who are we?

Team: The Pylons!

(Mark Messier laughs)

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm glad everyone picked up on the sarcasm... ^_^

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

The `I' is designed to resemble an end zone pylon because "the goal is to get to the game," said Michael Capiraso, NFL vice president, executive creative director.

As opposed to the first 40 Super Bowls, where the goal was to lose and stay the hell home.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

The `I' is designed to resemble an end zone pylon because "the goal is to get to the game," said Michael Capiraso, NFL vice president, executive creative director.

As opposed to the first 40 Super Bowls, where the goal was to lose and stay the hell home.

See and people thought the Eagles were failures.

See and people thought the Eagles were failures.

That's just about enough out of you...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

i actually like the San Diego, Houston and Jacksonville logos.

SB XL and XLI seem unimaginative.

there again when the super bowl is in the same 5 cities almost every year. well theres not much you can do.

maybe instead of the usual i like it/i don't like it posts, maybe some of the pro designers here can make some SBXLI concepts. the concepts would be better than the current sb logo.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i actually like the San Diego, Houston and Jacksonville logos.

SB XL and XLI seem unimaginative.

for the most part I agree with you. I've initially hated the last five or so SB logos, some have grown on me (Houston, Detroit), some haven't (Jacksonville).

XLI is a huge dissapointment. As others have posted...it's a near knock-off of XL, font-wise, star-wise, copycat-wise. Sure the words 'super bowl' now appear to be in the NASA font. Big deal. The pylon thing is dumb too.

newsig.jpg

It does a great job at catching the eye with the Miami-appropriate colours, and I really like the crativity with the pylon.

BUT

The final execution of the logo was sloppy. The bordering and the dark blue drop shadow really look weird in my eyes, and the choice in typeface is questionable, although I don't mind the contrast between the serif and non-serif fonts.

And as much as I love the pylon idea, at first glance the logo looks weird cause it takes you a few seconds at first glance to realize the pylon.

Out of 10, I give it a 5.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived