Possible return of old Det Tigers logo?

deliver2david

higgy did do it, his user name is now Monkey Wrench and lilg did give him the credit....people just can't read.

as for this 776.gif on a hat....that looked terrible in '96 on their road hats and it would look terrible again.

Old School

detroittigers_retrotigerpitcher.jpg

Kinda cool - would be better if updated.

There's actually talk about bringing that guy back -- From Uni Watch:

In what is sure to go down as the year's coolest promotional move (well, except maybe for the "Arch Deluxe" campaign), Detroit Tigers marketing coordinator Ron Wade is trying to revive the team's sorely missed swinging kitten logo. "I'm going to start slipping him into our season-ticket holder newsletter and see if demand catches on," he says. Let Uni Watch be the first to say that the kitten should -- nay, must! -- start appearing on T-shirts, caps, mugs, pillows and virtually any other available surface. And hey, what about a sleeve patch? Kitten power!

99778433_8f24a8d1be.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
99778433_8f24a8d1be.jpg

Man talk agout a "Blast from the Past!" :D

The look in the eyes reminds me of Kirk Gibson when he hit the hommer off of "Goose" Gossage in the '84 World Series. I was in the Army and stationed at Fort Ord, CA (long gone). And when Gibby hit that dinger, I woke the barracks up with my scream! (and won a bet with my Battalion Sergeant Major)

I also remember the animation the Tigers had in the early 80's where the old logo was animated. (usualy eating the other teams logo) Growling when they won and a beaten up "meowing" tiger with a "Get you tomorrow" small growl for a loss.

Those where the days!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I always thought the tiger in that old logo looked a little weird, until I saw a picture of a pissed off tiger that still has his eyes wide open.  There isn't anything funny about this:

Siberian%20Tiger%20471057.jpg

If I was that close, and saw that look in a Tiger's face, i'd have two words for you!

DEAD MEAT!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

Oh, please. The Oriole is obviously waiting for a pitch to be decided upon, the delivered.

The tiger, on the other hand, is about to swing at a rather highly-arc'ed slopitch.

Unfortunately, being an oriole and a tiger, they are both likely to strike out.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

99778433_8f24a8d1be.jpg

That thing is AWESOME.

Thanks for copying off of:

BAL_2757.gif

No, copying off of this.

mascot5.gif

The current "Fun Bird" sucks. This one is much, much cooler.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Oh, please. The Oriole is obviously waiting for a pitch to be decided upon, the delivered.

The tiger, on the other hand, is about to swing at a rather highly-arc'ed slopitch.

Unfortunately, being an oriole and a tiger, they are both likely to strike out.

Oh man, I never thought I was going to laugh out loud when I read that one...!!!

:D

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived