Looks like the Padres will go Military again

tohasbo

From what I've heard, the camos will be the desert type this year.

That's good news, since the tan will actually match the team's uniforms.

But the Army is in the process of ditching its current camo in favor of a new design. The new camo uniform was introduced in April 2005 and will be used Army-wide by 2007. In addition, it has a single pattern, so no more desert and woodland versions, just the one design.

New Army camouflage

SoldierTech_BDU1.jpg

On the other hand, the Marine Corps has new camo that comes in a distinctive desert version. But baseball players really shouldn't be dressing like Marines. If you want to dress like a Marine, look in the phone book under "Armed Forces Recruitment."

20082614447.png

They actually wouldn't look that bad with the tan pants. But I guess they will use the white ones since they are at home.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I like the idea of the traditional desert camo. It's a nice thing for the Padres to give a nod to the military, especially considering it's a big military town.

And they only do it once a year. Let's not overreact. They might not be the visually appealing jerseys, but it's a noble cause.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I actually like the Padres camo uni's. At least the reasoning for it. I am an Army veteran and I like that the Padres honor all veterans by wearing these uniforms.

NO NO NO NO TEH MILITARY UNIFORMS R 4 TEH MILITARY PPL U DON'T C A GENERAL IN A CUBS CAP

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I actually like the Padres camo uni's. At least the reasoning for it. I am an Army veteran and I like that the Padres honor all veterans by wearing these uniforms.

NO NO NO NO TEH MILITARY UNIFORMS R 4 TEH MILITARY PPL U DON'T C A GENERAL IN A CUBS CAP

Wow...learn how to type. The R's, 4's, U's, and C's aren't cool. They are just annoying, and hard to make sense of. You might want to put a comma or period in there too.

-Rob Roy

As part of the Padres 2006 Promotional schedule, they will wear the infamous camouflage jerseys on April 22nd vs. the Mets and will be wearing the 1976 throwbacks on August 3rd vs. the Astros.

1976?

That makes no sense the 1976 Home Uniform is just the classic Mets pinstripe, the road was a Mets script on grey.

COudl it be 1986 they are doing alot to celbrate 1986 this year.

Oops read it wrong thought it said Mets will be wearing 1976 throwback :oops::unsure:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think they're trying to find any reason to use throwbacks. First it was 1978 to honor their first winning season, then 1969 for their first season, then 1984 in the game against the Cubs (Cubs didn't reciprocate...shame on them), then old PCL unis last year, and this year 1976 for what...just to say "Hey let's wear what we wore 30 years ago. So I guess next year we'll see the 1987 uniforms cause that was 20 years ago.

They're going to do the camo unis for one game every year from now on I believe. The last couple years they wore them with their road (tan) pants. Two games a year with different unis. The rest of the year it's the normal white, sand and blue.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

Wow...learn how to type. The R's, 4's, U's, and C's aren't cool. They are just annoying, and hard to make sense of. You might want to put a comma or period in there too.

That crap went out in about 1996.

AND IT IS SPELLED......... T H E

Archived