Philadelphia Phantoms

Buschwackers03

I was watching also. All during the game, you would hear little kids start chanting USA, USA, USA. I will agree that they didn't look bad. The Wolves commentators joked they were waiting for Mike Eruzione and Mike Ramsey to skate out on the ice. :hockeysmiley:

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

ah yes, the Philadelpha Phantoms, America's Team :wacko:

i'm just as confused as you are. the only AHL team it'd make sense for in any remote way would be the Rochester Americans, and even then it would make little sense. it'd be like the Hornets wearing Dream Team unis, or the Rockies donning USA baseball unis. or the Maple Leafs wearing Canada throwbacks :P

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Unfortunately they didn't get it right...

miracle%20on%20ice.jpg

If you're going to do something stupid, at least get it right.

...And if you're going to criticize and make snarky comments, at least use pictures from the actual Olympics, instead of trying to pass off film footage as proof of what was worn at a specific event. Pretty sure Kurt Russell wasn't behind the bench in 1980, and the hairstyles and clothing of many of the fans looks a little too contemporary.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

miracle%20on%20ice.jpg

...And if you're going to criticize and make snarky comments, at least use pictures from the actual Olympics, instead of trying to pass off film footage as proof of what was worn at a specific event. Pretty sure Kurt Russell wasn't behind the bench in 1980, and the hairstyles and clothing of many of the fans looks a little too contemporary.

p1_usolympicsicover.jpg

Happy?

I'm at work and was in a hurry to post before someone noticed.

Shame the Wolves didn't decide to rock some CCCP sweaters...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

miracle%20on%20ice.jpg

I don't get it. What's your complaint? The breezers? The jerseys look good to me. Am I missing something?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Blue helmets. Red pants with stars. Now look back up at what the Phantoms wore.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's a nice gesture and all, but I really think a player should qualify for his national team before getting the honour of donning the sweater in a game.

...especially that sweater. <_<

Good point.

Not much in sports is sacred, but the 1980 US Olympic hockey team comes pretty damn close.

Archived