Philadelphia Phantoms

Buschwackers03

It's a nice gesture and all, but I really think a player should qualify for his national team before getting the honour of donning the sweater in a game.

...especially that sweater. <_<

Completely agree. It would be a good gesture for US Hockey to make a 1980 white alternate at maybe the next World Cup of Hockey, but for the Phantoms to do it? Not so good.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

sacred? other than 1980,there is nothing sacred about usa hockey (please don't tell me about the 96 world cup) I think it's great that the phantoms took the current olympic craze (for lack of a better term) and decided to use it to auction off the jerseys and raise some money for charity.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Blue helmets. Red pants with stars. Now look back up at what the Phantoms wore.

You guys are either waaaaaaaaaaay to picky or live in a world with unlimited budgets.

It's minor league hockey. If you expect them to invest in an entire set of brand new helmets, breezers, socks, pads & blockers for one game, you just aren't being realistic. It's a throwback jersey night, not a documentary movie. Try to relax a little and get into the spirit of things once in awhile instead of picking them apart to the point of missing out on some fun now and again.

It would be different if they used the wrong font on the numbers or left the stars off of the shoulders, but if the jerseys are good, what difference to the helmets and breezers make? At least the helmets weren't purple or orange. <sheesh>

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

But then do you mind if the average fan wears a replica of it?

I have a problem with:

a. An AHL team wearing that sweater for a promotion. Auctioning off jerseys is great, why don't they do a 74-75 Flyers jersey?

b. Players from other countries wearing that jersey that has "USA" across it.

c. Players from this country who have not earned the right to wear their nations jersey.

d. Just plain and simple, other players not from the 1980 team wearing that jersey in a game.

As far as a fan wearing one no, I don't have a problem with it.

But would you see a kid in St. Petersburg, Russia wearing one to a game???

Didn't I also read somewhere that '80 Olympics replicas are not available for sale to fans with actual players' names and numbers, and that the only jersey they'll sell is the one with number 80 and no name?

If so, why is this Phantoms tribute allowed? I'd love to get a #16 Pavelich jersey, but I don't see it happening unless I try to create it myself.

Didn't I also read somewhere that '80 Olympics replicas are not available for sale to fans with actual players' names and numbers, and that the only jersey they'll sell is the one with number 80 and no name?

I know River City Sports sells them, I'm unsure if they have names or not.

There's an official US Olympic store at the Mall of America where they sell 1980 USA hockey jereys with CRAIG #30 and ERUZIONE #21 jerseys as well as #80 versions. You would think if there was a problem with personal names, that would be the last place to carry them.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There's an official US Olympic store at the Mall of America where they sell 1980 USA hockey jereys with CRAIG #30 and ERUZIONE #21 jerseys as well as #80 versions. You would think if there was a problem with personal names, that would be the last place to carry them.

The USA jerseys with the MOI players names and numbers might only be sold by the USA Olympic stores. The players might have allowed their names and likenesses <sp> only to the US Olympic venture.

I know River City Sports sells them, I'm unsure if they have names or not.

River City sells them, and you can put any name on them.

girardi-1.png

lyip4wfi.pngzc9hmqq6.png

Thanks KaTo

Archived