Swiss-Canada Game

jkrdevil

Right now the Swiss are up 2-0 in the second. I'm rooting for the Swiss to win but the officiating as been ticky tack at best and horrific at worse. Doan got called for what I thought was a clean hit and never would have been called in the NHL. Same thing with Foote where he got called for a hard hit. It's just awful. Let the players play.

Gerber is playing amazing.

Gerber is playing extremely well ? goaltending has to be the strong suit for the Swiss with Gerber and Aebischer ? and the refs certainly aren't helping Canada's cause, but I think the most frustrating thing for me watching this game is just Canada's sloppiness and sluggish play. I swear, it looks like they just got off the plane from Toronto.

wow, what a bizzare finish. So many penalties in the last couple of minutes. First Czech, now Canada. Amazing. Not as big as Belarus against Sweden in 2002, but this will give the Swiss program a big boost.

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't think the refs are to blame for Canada's loss. Gerber was outstanding. Yes the refs called the too close but Canada had a ton of power plays too. Especially late in the game when they played undisciplined and cancelled those chances by committing penalties that would have been called in the NHL.

Congrats to the Swiss. They pulled off upset of the tournament for the second day in a row.

Guess our 3-3 tie with Latvia doesn't look THAT bad anymore...:P

That said, I wouldn't even sweat it, look at it as a regular season loss.

EDIT: Nevermind! Since the US lost to Slovakia 2-1...please strike from the record.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Only 1 canadian response?

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Tough loss but the Canadians didn't exactly play up to the level they can play at. Yes the Nash goal was in, but it was inconclusive. But these players have the talent to push pass those things. Using that non goal as a reason for losing is just an excuse it would've only made it 2-1.

We'll just have to bounce back and try to take out the Finns tomorrow (who are playing much better than I thought they would!)

We'll still make it to the medal round and then we'll be serious.

GO CANADA GO! :hockeysmiley::flagcanada:

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

The Swiss really earned this victory over the Canadians. Give a lot of credit to Gerber who stood on his head and made some amazing saves (even though one of them appeared to be in) but I'm not gonna complain about that call because it was incunclusive (sp?) Anyways, hopefully this loss will but some fire in the pants of the Canadians because the Finnish are a great/underrated team and they play eachother tomorrow.

Well it ain't like either of the NOrth American countries are in any position to talk junk, especially US. (pun intended)

Yeah, welll... we're still better than Team Mexico.

I don't know about that. Give the Mexicans about 10 more years and the US will probably be 3rd in North America. :P

Archived