My newspaper sucks

winters in buffalo

The headline story on the front page of my sports section today is the NASCAR preview, with a nearly-half-page color photo of Jeff Gordon's car.

The US women's loss to Sweden is the only Olympic piece, a 1/6 page clip at the bottom of the front page.

Inside, Olympic coverage gets 2 full pages, but NASCAR gets 3 full pages.

Which season is it again???

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

The headline story on the front page of my sports section today is the NASCAR preview, with a nearly-half-page color photo of Jeff Gordon's car.

The US women's loss to Sweden is the only Olympic piece, a 1/6 page clip at the bottom of the front page.

Inside, Olympic coverage gets 2 full pages, but NASCAR gets 3 full pages.

Which season is it again???

The Daytona 500 is coming, and you're in NASCAR country, so people are getting amped up for it. Say if it was in the North, then maybe NASCAR wouldn't get 3 pages, but yeah, this is the South so its gonna get more coverage.

I gotta agree with Flame here. The "Super Bowl of Racing" is just a day away and NASCAR dominates the south. I also don't see many sikers or bobsledders coming from that part of the country either.

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah it depedns where you are.

Up here in Jersey Lindsey the showoff was on the front page on the Star Ledger.

The Sports Section Front page is dedicated to the American struggles in the Olympics with the Sweden win getting the biggest picture Nascar is on page 2 with a story at the bottom of the page and thats it pretty much. Theres is more coverage of Mets and Yanks in ST.

You are in Carolina thats what the story is down there.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Actually, this is college hoops country, and to compare, NCAA ball got as much coverage today as the Olympics, but still less than NASCAR.

NASCAR land is further south and west. At the very least, it doesn't seem to be any more popular in Raleigh than it was in Buffalo.

Yeah, but how many races go down in the Carolinas every year? There's gotta be at least four.

And let's not forget it's Ric Flair counrty down there as well. WOOOOOOOOOO! ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

Charlotte is NASCAR country, not Raleigh. They barely count as part of NC.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Actually, this is college hoops country, and to compare, NCAA ball got as much coverage today as the Olympics, but still less than NASCAR.

NASCAR land is further south and west. At the very least, it doesn't seem to be any more popular in Raleigh than it was in Buffalo.

Yeah, but how many races go down in the Carolinas every year? There's gotta be at least four.

And let's not forget it's Ric Flair counrty down there as well. WOOOOOOOOOO! ^_^

There are only 3, and only 2 in NC. Both of those are in Charlotte.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Well, what did you expect living down there?

I know where I live, the Olympics aren't that big of a deal (unless it involves someone from Iowa) and it show in both the Des Moines and Omaha papers.

Well half the time I can't find the sports page in the Greensboro N&R because its like 3 pages thick.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived