More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

Tigers decide on new clash strip

291904av.jpg

Really what?s the point in having a clash strip? This jumper is really awful looking in my opinion, especially that Hawthorn white number panel. Richmond would have been better off choosing that inverted jumper they proposed. I can't see anyone wanting to buy this abomination.

I have to agree that this is a horrific jumper and I for one won't buy one. Let's just hope we only have to wear it against the Bombers and that is it.

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the side panels and white number square make this a clash strip? So if Essendon added some red side panels they'd be able to keep the black jumper with a red sash?

liverpool-1.png

Well it does avoid the clash nicely...pity it's an absolute abomination of a design! The reversed strip was so much better :(

White number panels are just...yuk. Even Port would be better off without one.

Well it does avoid the clash nicely...pity it's an absolute abomination of a design! The reversed strip was so much better :(

it's bad enough Port and Hawthorn have white number panels when they really don't need em (in Port's case, it makes an already bad jumper worse).

as Hawthorn's the only other club who wears gold on a regular basis, gold w/a black sash would have worked. gold with tiger stripes on the sides would have worked. anything but this. this looks like there were two different ideas...so they said "let's do both!"

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

it's bad enough Port and Hawthorn have white number panels when they really don't need em (in Port's case, it makes an already bad jumper worse).

as Hawthorn's the only other club who wears gold on a regular basis, gold w/a black sash would have worked. gold with tiger stripes on the sides would have worked. anything but this. this looks like there were two different ideas...so they said "let's do both!"

This smacks of someone doing something they don't want to do.

So they do as bad a job as they possibly can, hopefully getting out of it in the future.

Like me and cleaning the dishes. I'm so bad at it, I've been replaced by children. (Which was my plan all along)

I seriously doubt this will ever get used.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Nothing wrong with the white number panel on Ports jumper. White is an actual team colour and it comes from the Port Adelaide jumper in the SANFL days. Plus I wouldn?t really call it a panel as it goes across the whole back of the jumper where as this Richmond thing is like a white square thats just sitting in no mans land.

So, will this "effort" get approved, and if so, will Essendon's clash strip as well?

Notice how far this issue has fallen off the front page? Maybe if everyone ignores it, it'll just go away.

I can't see how this qualifies, actually.

The AFL guidelines stipulated a Dark jumper and a Light jumper.

This is a lighter Dark jumper.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Nothing wrong with the white number panel on Ports jumper. White is an actual team colour and it comes from the Port Adelaide jumper in the SANFL days. Plus I wouldn?t really call it a panel as it goes across the whole back of the jumper where as this Richmond thing is like a white square thats just sitting in no mans land.

Port's panel doesn't work for me on their dark jumper. On their SANFL jumper there's enough white in the rest of it to make it work, but in the AFL they'd be better off with a black back and white numbers.

Approaching the 10th anniversary of the infamous failed attempt to merge Melbourne and Hawthorn, let's go for a trip down "What Might Have Been" Lane...

wbFOOTYmergerjumper_narrowweb__300x354.jpg

Age has not improved these one bit.

(for the interested, there are a few articles surrounding the event over at RealFooty)

Approaching the 10th anniversary of the infamous failed attempt to merge Melbourne and Hawthorn, let's go for a trip down "What Might Have Been" Lane...

wbFOOTYmergerjumper_narrowweb__300x354.jpg

Age has not improved these one bit.

(for the interested, there are a few articles surrounding the event over at RealFooty)

Wow I've always wanted to see what they proposed for that jumper. Quite horrible.

Edit: Would the AFL have allowed the colour combo with the Crows already laying claim to red, yellow and blue?

On another note Port will definatley be using a silver/grey clash jumper next year.

Edit: Would the AFL have allowed the colour combo with the Crows already laying claim to red, yellow and blue?

Fitzroy and Adelaide co-existed for several years, although they used clearly differing shades of blue. I suspect that the AFL would have said yes, and then fumbled its way through the far-too-obvious consequences as per usual.

• 1 month later...

Archived