More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Souths still has a white jumper with red V, but I'm not sure if it is the home or away jumper these days...

that's their heritage jumper isn't it?

Fremantle's heritage jumper? Kinda.

The original Fremantle Football Club (and we're talking circa 1890s here) wore something like what the Dockers wear for heritage round.

Near the end of that decade, several Fremantle players went off to found the East Fremantle club, and Fremantle was more or less then reborn as South Fremantle, retaining the red and white colours of the old club. Whether South Freo's later adoption of a red V on white (after using red and white stripes for a while) was anything to do with the old Freo jumper I have no idea.

Souths still has a white jumper with red V, but I'm not sure if it is the home or away jumper these days...

Well, this is the header on their website.

header4.gif

Looks Red with White to me.

waflgfcup2005.jpg

2005 Grand Final image (played vs a team in navy blue). And the WAFL site has that same jumper in its banner, and the only jumper listed under club merchandise is white with red V. But then again, the club has switched it around several times...

(pic taken from http://www.australianrules.com.au/2005stor...gfcup2005.html)

that's their heritage jumper isn't it?

Fremantle's heritage jumper? Kinda.

The original Fremantle Football Club (and we're talking circa 1890s here) wore something like what the Dockers wear for heritage round.

Near the end of that decade, several Fremantle players went off to found the East Fremantle club, and Fremantle was more or less then reborn as South Fremantle, retaining the red and white colours of the old club. Whether South Freo's later adoption of a red V on white (after using red and white stripes for a while) was anything to do with the old Freo jumper I have no idea.

Ooops, I was referring to the Sydney Swans :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Still speaking of Fremantle (if I must)...

Freo's away jumper is gawwwwwn.

Home jumper becomes main jumper, white clash jumper continues as such, and purple haze jumper remains a one-game-a-year thing.

Still speaking of Fremantle (if I must)...

Freo's away jumper is gawwwwwn.

Home jumper becomes main jumper, white clash jumper continues as such, and purple haze jumper remains a one-game-a-year thing.

Good riddance.

It looked so similar to the Home jumper, as most Away jumpers do.

Discrim probably liked it, with its anchor, stripes and crest on the back.

looked like one of his Summer League NFL jobs.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Port Adelaide wore their 10th season patch above the sponsor's logo tonight.

I'm trying to find the font in the badge.

I think the main text is Helvetica, but the 10 certainly isn't.

Anyone know what it is?

There's a thread in the Requests on it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Port Adelaide wore their 10th season patch above the sponsor's logo tonight.

I'm trying to find the font in the badge.

I think the main text is Helvetica, but the 10 certainly isn't.

Anyone know what it is?

There's a thread in the Requests on it.

Here's something you should also take note of:

Match-worn 10-year guernseys now on eBay

10:55:38 PM Sat 1 April, 2006

Port Adelaide Football Club

The commemorative Power guernseys worn in Saturday night’s season opener against the Kangaroos are now up for auction at the club’s page on eBay. The guernseys, which are not available for retail sale, were a one-off to acknowledge the Power’s first ten years in the AFL.

The guernsey is distinguished by a unique ten-year logo. It says 'PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB / TEN YEARS IN THE AFL / ROUND 1 2006' in embossed silver lettering on a shiny black background.

The guernseys available were worn in one half of the Kangaroos game on Saturday night. The players will keep the guernsey they wore in the other half. All players are available except for Gavin Wanganeen and Chad Cornes who are being sold offline.

The guernseys are signed by the player who wore it on the front and back and come unframed, with a certificate of authenticity.

Stuart Dew’s guernsey is proving to be the most popular early but there are plenty of bargains as well so head over to the Power’s page at eBay and pick up a very special item.

The auctions finish on Tuesday of next week (11 April).

3d_1_b.JPG

I saw, I came, I left.

Crows wearing their new mash/mess alternate jumper tonight. Doesn?t seem like much of an alternate jumper as it looks almost the same as the home jumper with the exception of the red side stripes. And their wearing all dark blue socks against Collingwoods black socks....smart bunch at the Adelaide Football Club :blink:

Two things from this opening weekend that have struck me.

1. That funky side stripe thing on Adelaide's jumpers. One of the already ugliest jumpers in the AFL gets uglier.

2. Why Hawthorn thought a white number panel would look good. I know it's for nostalgia purposes, but it looks absolutely atrocious.

Crows wearing their new mash/mess alternate jumper tonight. Doesn?t seem like much of an alternate jumper as it looks almost the same as the home jumper with the exception of the red side stripes. And their wearing all dark blue socks against Collingwoods black socks....smart bunch at the Adelaide Football Club  :blink:

That's their away jumper, not their clash jumper. Clash jumper is red, and is much nicer.

Red side panels on the away? Suck. Gold outline on the logo? Weird. Overall? Just no.

Two things from this opening weekend that have struck me.

1. That funky side stripe thing on Adelaide's jumpers. One of the already ugliest jumpers in the AFL gets uglier.

2. Why Hawthorn thought a white number panel would look good. I know it's for nostalgia purposes, but it looks absolutely atrocious.

I think the Hawthorn jumpers were great for a Heritage game. But not for continual use.

As for the Crows. I think Primal said it best: Just "No". Horrible thing.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived