More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

Are Sydney sticking with the red and white hoop socks now opposed to the previous all red socks. They wore them last week v Essendon which I thought may just be a clash thing but they were wearing them again today when Port mauled them :D ....

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are Sydney sticking with the red and white hoop socks now opposed to the previous all red socks. They wore them last week v Essendon which I thought may just be a clash thing but they were wearing them again today when Port mauled them :D ....

I think its time to ditch them :wacko::mad:

liverpool-1.png

Are Sydney sticking with the red and white hoop socks now opposed to the previous all red socks. They wore them last week v Essendon which I thought may just be a clash thing but they were wearing them again today when Port mauled themĀ  :D ....

I think its time to ditch them :wacko::mad:

I haven't seen anything from the club on it, and most manufacturers I know list them as having Red socks for 2006.

I actually prefer them in the hoops, so I hope they stay with them.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I have no objections to hoops, and think its a nice change from boring plain socks but its the 0-2 start wearing them that I object to!

liverpool-1.png

I have no objections to hoops, and think its a nice change from boring plain socks but its the 0-2 start wearing them that I object to!

They play Carlton this week, it's the closest thing to a Bye week we have.

They will win in hooped socks this week.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Some of you may be members on BigFooty and you may have seen my alternate Collingwood jumper design (My BigFooty username is Rory). Well it seems SEN in Melbourne have seen my design and are impressed and tomorrow I'm going to be interviewed on Mark Dorans afternoon show. Not exactly sure as to what will be asked of me but I will be on radio between 12 and 1 tomorrow (Tuesday) arvo.

For those who haven?t seen the design here they are. The black would be used against the Southpor...err I mean Kangaroos and the white against St.Kilda and Port Adelaide.

invertcollaway.jpg

collaway.jpg

fitting...the pinstripes smack of a certain baseball team despised by many, and a whole lot of folks hate Colliwobbles :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bullšŸ¤¬

fitting...the pinstripes smack of a certain baseball team despised by many, and a whole lot of folks hate Colliwobbles :D

... not to mention both clubs are currently sponsored by adidas ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I think the most obvious solution for Essendon and Collingwood is to design a clash jumper so ugly that the AFL has no choice but to stop it being used.

Then again that tactic has hardly been a success for Brisbane :D

liverpool-1.png

For those who haven?t seen the design here they are. The black would be used against the Southpor...err I mean Kangaroos and the white against St.Kilda and Port Adelaide.

invertcollaway.jpg

collaway.jpg

Great idea, I also designed a new Pies clash jumper and send it to them, and my new jumper is just inverted current jumper, so white jumper with 3 black stripes front and back. It clashes enough IMO, so in that case, the home jumper stays the same and road one still has traditional stripes.

GO PIES!

Some of you may be members on BigFooty and you may have seen my alternate Collingwood jumper design (My BigFooty username is Rory). Well it seems SEN in Melbourne have seen my design and are impressed and tomorrow I'm going to be interviewed on Mark Dorans afternoon show. Not exactly sure as to what will be asked of me but I will be on radio between 12 and 1 tomorrow (Tuesday) arvo.

invertcollaway.jpg

collaway.jpg

Nice idea, but Collingwood proposed their White Clash jumpers with the same thickness Black stripes. Which sounds like KC51's idea.

Shows you're on the same page KC, but the AFL rejected it.

Roars,

Their argument is they've worn B&W stripes, and your design is one colour with alternate Pinstripes. The AFL spoke to Collingwood about something like this (I didn't see the exact design, but had it explained to me) and Collingwood rejected the idea.

As it stands, Collingwood are the only club standing against the idea, and that's what's saving Essendon from losing the Guinness Record 133 years playing every game in the same design jumper.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

so basically Essendonhas agreed, but aren't going to wear differnet jumper unless all teams (Collingwood included) agree, thts how i read it.....don't worry Rob, Collingwood wont overtake your record, they have worn different versions i nthe past and all that

i liked Collingwoods banner the other day - black and white stripes across the whole banner

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

here are my two ideas for clash jumper: if first one is rejected then the second one should pass.

clashPies.jpg

clashPies2.jpg

And this is my design for Croatian jumper, we just started a team and will play 3 nations with Austria and Czech Republic and are looking who's gonna put their logo where sponsor is now, and give us those jumpers...

crofooty.jpg

Carlton has gone white:

http://carltonfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=new...rticleid=259107

259103ay.JPG259103bn.JPG

But note this interesting snippet...

Carlton will be required to wear this alternate guernsey in away matches against Fremantle, Port Adelaide, Melbourne and St Kilda. The Blues will not be required to wear the alternate guernsey in the traditional ?blockbuster? matches against Essendon, Collingwood and Richmond.

For starters, Carlton v Richmond is soooo not a blockbuster. But what the heck is the rationale here? Teams are allowed to agree to ignore a clash?

(and why is West Coast not listed as a clash side? Methink this confirms that the Eagles' home jumper will be royal blue in '07...).

Archived