More changes for AFL season 2006

Primal

Carlton can't wear royal blue. They ARE the good old Navy Blues.

Is that white on the back of the Carlton top or is it a light shade of creamish colour. To me it doesnt look pure white.

Sorry, I've now edited my comment for clarity - I was referring to the Eagles wearing royal blue.

Yes it is meant to be white, but the lighting is kinda ordinary.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
(and why is West Coast not listed as a clash side? Methink this confirms that the Eagles' home jumper will be royal blue in '07...).

I'd heard two of those jumpers they submitted to members were going to be the Home and Away options for 2007 and beyond.

Home Blue with new Eagle logo.

Away White with same design as Home. (Basically swapping the piping around the wing for the main colour)

Poor old Carlton, if they weren't broke they'd fight this.

But they are, so they can't.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'd heard two of those jumpers they submitted to members were going to be the Home and Away options for 2007 and beyond.

Away White with same design as Home. (Basically swapping the piping around the wing for the main colour)

I presume that means that the current away jumper becomes the home jumper and that this...

ClashWithWings.jpg

(or at least this with a corrected logo) becomes the away?

I presume that means that the current away jumper becomes the home jumper and that this...

ClashWithWings.jpg

(or at least this with a corrected logo) becomes the away?

That's the one.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

No to Port's black and white

By MICHELANGELO RUCCI

26apr06

PORT Adelaide is being frustratingly locked out of wearing a throwback jumper in the AFL's heritage round when the league's 16 clubs are expected to wear old-style guernseys.

The AFL has rejected the Power's proposal to wear the club's traditional black and white prison-bar jumper.

It is the only guernsey the Power has available for the heritage round which this season is billed as "Back to the '80s". In the 1980s, Port had just one jumper - the prison-bar guernsey it carried to four SANFL premierships in 1980, 1981, 1988 and 1989.

Port chief executive John James yesterday confirmed his club would simply ignore heritage round this year. This will cost the Power as much as $80,000 in lost revenue from heritage merchandise - a hefty hit on a club seeking to boost its profit-and-loss statement.

James said the AFL again declared Port could not wear black and white because of an agreement - one no-one, not even the AFL, can find - that Power would not wear these colours in deference to Collingwood.

The AFL asked Port to consider wearing one of its training jumpers from the 1980s. These also are doomed to be considered as inappropriate by the league because they are in black and white.

So the Power will most probably wear its teal blue clash jumper in heritage round on July 23 when it plays St Kilda in Launceston.

The irony of this is the teal blue jumper was developed in 2004 to appease Collingwood after Port wore its 1914 prison-bar guernsey in the first heritage round at AAMI Stadium against Carlton in August 2003.

In a deal brokered by then-AFL chief executive Wayne Jackson it was agreed Port could wear black-and-white in 2003 provided the Power discarded the colours in all matches against Collingwood from 2004 to 2006.

But the AFL's current notion that Port agreed to never wear its modern prison-bar jumper has bewildered Power officials, including those who handled the club's rise to the AFL in the 1990s.

ADELAIDE also considered ignoring a heritage-round jumper when the AFL gave it a "Back to the '80s" theme - a decade in which the Crows did not exist. The club was formed in October 1990.

Instead, the Crows will wear a mythical jumper honouring the 10 SANFL clubs of the 1980s. This guernsey is made up of seven colours - red, white, light and dark blue, black, yellow and green.

Ironically, the Crows will be able to wear Port's black-and-white colours on this jumper without protest from Collingwood.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am quite angry at the moment with the AFL after reading about this decision. Are they going to continue to give into Collingwood?s demands? The whole heritage round concept will be brought into disrepute with this decision by the AFL.

I don?t really know what else to say but it?s disgraceful. The AFL makes this big deal about heritage round and going back to the 80?s, and then they will deny us participating. I say Port Adelaide play in the black and white no matter what the consequences are. More will come of this mark my word.

Not only are we left out but the club will miss out on making money from merchandise and jumper sales ect?.

heh, in absence of the Dubya comedy hour, I'll take the AFL's instead...the issue of same colors would only be an issue if

1) Port and Colliwobbles were playing each other, and last time I checked, you don't spell magpie S-A-I-N-T ;)

2) they were wearing a straight ripoff of Collingwood's stripes, which is not the case.

heh, another case of Collingwood bitching > logic <_< Eddie, go whine about St. Kilda, they wear black and white too...or the Dons, their numbers are white...i know, how about whining about the All Blacks stealing your colors while you're at it...geez, ya sound like the Raiders whining cus they think they own silver and black (as well as the whole pirate image thing)

yeesh...the Crows jumper sounds like it's gonna be ugly...red, white, light and dark blue, black, yellow and green were never meant to be used all at once.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

ADELAIDE also considered ignoring a heritage-round jumper when the AFL gave it a "Back to the '80s" theme - a decade in which the Crows did not exist. The club was formed in October 1990.

Instead, the Crows will wear a mythical jumper honouring the 10 SANFL clubs of the 1980s. This guernsey is made up of seven colours - red, white, light and dark blue, black, yellow and green.

GOOD LORD! red, white, light and dark blue, black, yellow and green all one shirt? and we thought freo's shirts were busy?

oh, I proclaim 1990 is still part of 80's :D

I saw, I came, I left.

The Port conundrum gets even more bizarre...

Clash of the Titans

27apr06

AFL COMMERCIAL operations manager Gillon McLachlan has revealed Port Adelaide hasn't been blocked from wearing a black and white guernsey.

But McLachlan's revelation that the Power could potentially wear black and white in an AFL game would shake the foundations at rival Collingwood.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire has steadfastly argued that only the AFL Magpies should wear black and white stripes.

Croweater McLachlan's view would interest those at Alberton.

Asked if Port could have worn a black and white guernsey, minus its 1980s prison bar design, in this year's Heritage round, McLachlan said: "Yeah, potentially. We talked about that with them."

"We are not disappointed. We work through them, it's their club, their jumper.

"Ultimately it's their decision. It just has to be authorised at our end. We have got competing issues and it's always difficult."

The Power was permitted to wear a 1914, black and white prison bar design, during the inaugural heritage round in 2003.

This season's Heritage fixtures in Round 16 recognises the 1980s. Port Adelaide used a different prison bar, black and white stripe design in the SANFL during that decade.

This week, Port chief executive John James reportedly confirmed the proud club would ignore Heritage round.

Port is allegedly disappointed it could not don the strip that featured in four SANFL flags during the electric pop eighties.

McLachlan indicated Port declined an offer to wear black and white jumpers in an agreed design.

"We would obviously like them to participate. If they don't feel they can, we have come up with a couple of options," said McLachlan.

"I understand it. They have to make their own decision. We had some discussions what they might be able to do with black and white rather than black and white stripes.

"Ultimately they didn't want to go ahead with that and we completely understand."

The debate generated in Adelaide each year surrounding heritage jumpers for the Crows and Power is seen by many as myopic.

McLachlan suspects controversy is likely to arise each year ahead of the Heritage round, saying: "We understand it is a sensitive issue and some of the issues are never going to go away."

"Things around the timing of Heritage round are likely to continue to come up. I guess we have a number of teams who have interest issues with their jumper.

"People are debating stuff and I think debate about football is good." The AFL's clash guernsey policy also continues to cause some conjecture with Collingwood yet to submit an acceptable alternate design.

"We don't have a revised one (design) but we have met with them and there will be a revised one some time in the future," said McLachlan of his dialogue with Collingwood, which has resisted requests to depart from its traditional black and white stripes in its "clash" strip.

"We haven't got final submissions from a majority of clubs but we have certainly had a look at a majority of clubs' initial concepts.

"I think in about six weeks we will be done."

I think its about time to just kick Collingwood out of the AFL and be done with it. Then Port can wear whatever they like and the clash jumper issue is almost resolved apart from Essendon.

Who's with me on this? :D

liverpool-1.png

heh, i'm all for it, give em the thumb. shoot, I'd be all for the AFL asserting itself and sending the message that the whole (the AFL) is greater than any one part (in this case, Colliwobbles). heh, I dunno, that's the way it is here: Al Davis periodically bitches about teams looking like the Raiders in some way (the Panthers because they wear silver and black at home, and the Bucs as their logos feature crossing swords), and the league tells him "sit yer ass down, you can't own colors, and you don't have exclusive rights to swords" <_<

or something to that effect. Demetriou, take the damn kid gloves off and put your foot down...who died and made Eddie almighty king of footy? :cursing:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i think heritage round is designed to honour clubs' heritage, right, logical?

so Port should be able to wear the prison bars, sure it might clash a little with our 80's jumper but it is like us playing collingwood....when i m boss of AFL, port will wear prison bars against collingwood just to piss them off

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

I don?t really know what else to say but it?s disgraceful. The AFL makes this big deal about heritage round and going back to the 80?s, and then they will deny us participating. I say Port Adelaide play in the black and white no matter what the consequences are. More will come of this mark my word.

im with Roars87. Port should wear the black and white jumper no matter what happens.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

i think heritage round is designed to honour clubs' heritage, right, logical?

so Port should be able to wear the prison bars, sure it might clash a little with our 80's jumper but it is like us playing collingwood....when i m boss of AFL, port will wear prison bars against collingwood just to piss them off

Great idea.

But Port is playing StKilda, who will be wearing their own Home jumper, which is Black White and Red.

The only change is the number font which they used in the 80's.

So Port can't wear a Black jumper with White stripes, because everyone is sick of the AFL making teams clash so they can bring in Clash jumpers.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I'm guessing Richmond will wear there normal jumpers but with a Gold Sash instead of a yellow one like they had in the 80's. Collingwood should wear a clash jumper, Eddie Maguire is a moron and needs to let Port wear the Prison Bars.

temp.png

Buffalo Sabres Hockey Est.1970

Archived