Cfl playoffs

Mac the Knife

The Saskatchewan Roughriders made the CFL playoffs this weekend, giving the league 2 qualifiers from its Eastern division and 4 from its Western.  I know they changed the playoff qualification system a while back to make this possible, but CFL fans, can you tell me if this has ever actually happened before?

nav-logo.png

Unfortunately here in the states we don't have much opportunity to see the CFL on television to keep up with these things.

Chris - have you heard anything about a potential buyer for the Argos?  I know the Ti-Cats were bought by a guy with business interests in my neck of the woods here in NC, but I haven't heard anything about the Argos sale.

nav-logo.png

Haven't heard anything about the Argos lately, and I consider myself a knowledgeable CFL fan. Having been at the Bomber game Friday night, I missed Friday Night Football on TV, when most of the interesting developments are announced (it's Canada's version of MNF, and is becoming quite popular, but still not the ratings monsters that MNF is down south and HNIC is here).

The crossover is one of the best things the CFL has ever done. In the mid-late 90's, the East was far superior to most of the CFL (except for Calgary and one or two good BC or Edmonton teams). These days, the West is by-and-large the superior division (apart from Montreal, and Calgary being an anomaly at the opposite end of the spectrum). The crossover allows the best teams to make it to the playoffs, not just the ones who were lucky enough to be in the easy conference.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Saskatchewan Roughriders made the CFL playoffs this weekend, giving the league 2 qualifiers from its Eastern division and 4 from its Western.

Acctually there is only one team in the east (Montreal) that has so far qualified.  Ottawa and Toronto are the only two teams in the east that have a chance and because of the Renegades win on Monday they are tied.

Just clearing it up

1zqy8ok.gif

easy Mac... just because you have great name doesnt mean you can curse the riders out of their rightful playoff spot... :P...lol... As for the T-Dot situation the commish said hes hoping to have things hashed out by Grey Cup and there is definate interest in the team...

ps GO RIDERS

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived