OLN gets football!

OMMF

From the AP:

NEW YORK ? The Arena Football League and OLN reached a television deal Friday, with 11 regular-season games and one playoff game to be shown on the cable network.

OLN's first AFL game will be televised Sunday when the Philadelphia Soul (2-1) host the New York Dragons (2-1). The league also has a TV deal with NBC.

Hmmm, the OUTDOOR Life Network gets Arena Football and the NHL in the same year. Seems to me as if "OLN" is going to have just about as much meaning as "ECHL". But hey, who am I to complain. I'm all for more hockey and arenaball on TV.

Hmmm, the OUTDOOR Life Network gets Arena Football and the NHL in the same year. Seems to me as if "OLN" is going to have just about as much meaning as "ECHL". But hey, who am I to complain. I'm all for more hockey and arenaball on TV.

This is why they are trying to seriously downplay the words and focus on the initials -- OLN. They want the name OLN to be used the way people use ESPN (since very few people ever refer to that network as the "Entertainment and Sports Programming Network").

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Hmmm, the OUTDOOR Life Network gets Arena Football and the NHL in the same year.  Seems to me as if "OLN" is going to have just about as much meaning as "ECHL".  But hey, who am I to complain.  I'm all for more hockey and arenaball on TV.

This is why they are trying to seriously downplay the words and focus on the initials -- OLN. They want the name OLN to be used the way people use ESPN (since very few people ever refer to that network as the "Entertainment and Sports Programming Network").

true but at least Entertainment and Sports Programming Network is indicative of what they are broadcasting. I think its time for OLN to find a new name. TNN went from a country network to men's programming (Spike TV). Its not like they wouldnt be successful if they changed the name.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Hmmm, the OUTDOOR Life Network gets Arena Football and the NHL in the same year.  Seems to me as if "OLN" is going to have just about as much meaning as "ECHL".  But hey, who am I to complain.  I'm all for more hockey and arenaball on TV.

Easier said than done.

Just because they want me to call it "KFC" doesn't make their chicken any less fried, or any less unhealthy when eaten too often... :therock:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

true but at least Entertainment and Sports Programming Network is indicative of what they are broadcasting. I think its time for OLN to find a new name. TNN went from a country network to men's programming (Spike TV). Its not like they wouldnt be successful if they changed the name.

TNN was "The National Network" in between Nashville and Spike - right around the time TNN had the Arena League.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

what about the Indoor Life Network?

Archived