Best Dunk of All Time

CS85

TNT had this "Best Dunk Ever" show last night before the lackluster dunk contest between the Old School & New School, & Michael Jordan's 1987 "leaner" won in a head-to-head fan vote vs. Vince Carter's 2000 "between the legs."

I was just wondering what your favorite dunks of all time were, dunk memories during games, etc., be it NBA or NCAA.

My favorite dunks of all time were any of em from the 2000 Slam-Dunk contest in Oakland. That was ridiculous, by far the greatest overall contest in NBA history. Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis, Ricky Davis, Larry Hughes, & Jerry Stackhouse tore the roof off the place. Granted, Hughes and Stackhouse didn't do much great, but Ricky did well, and Steve Francis and T-Mac had crazy dunks that would've won any of the late-90's dunk contests. It was all about Vince Carter, though. He made that dunk contest a circus, and I remember jumping around my living room yelling after he'd pull off some of those stunts. Even my dad who hates the NBA was on his feet grabbing his hair in amazement.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My personal favorite is Terence Stansbury's "Statue of Liberty" dunk from the '87 contest.

Other faves of mine are Cedric Ceballos' blindfold dunk and of course MJ's epic dunk from the free throw line.

6uXNWAo.png

The Ceballos blind fold was a joke he could see through the cloth

Heres my favorite Dr J durring the ABA days from the Free Throw line hes the original.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm a big fan of J.R. Rider's dunk.

Jordan's lean was pretty sick... the statue of liberty is a classic that too few people have seen, but my favorite one is the Jason Richardson between the legs... he brought life back into the dunk contest.

And people should start recognizing Fred Jones' dunk as one of the craziest.... a bad pass made an incredible dunk.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Heres my favorite Dr J durring the ABA days from the Free Throw line hes the original.

I second that emotion. Absolutly amazing.

The 'fro and the red/white/blue ball date the clip to the era, it also gives the whole thing a surreal quality.

The best drunk ever was Frank the Tank from Old School.

Oh, wait.. you said dunk. Nevermind.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I was blown away by Nate Robinson trying the Jason Richardson dunk, off the board and through the legs. Thats the hardest timing dunk I've ever seen completed. Igoudala's behind the back off the bounce was something special too. I'd say though, that the Statue of Liberty dunk is top three.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

I don't really like the dunk contests but if we are going best dunks of all time it would be a tie for me.

vince%20carter%20olympic%20dunk.jpg

That's my pick. Not only did he T-Bag him, he T-Bagged a seven-footer. Amazing.

Archived