Ottawa Senators Swift Jersey Concept

Roger Clemente

I'm thinking of trying something like this for all 30 teams, but some teams are really hard to even think of anything.

This is just a slightly modified version of my regular template.

Senators-004.gif

Comments welcome.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I guess it's about as you're going to get adhering to the conventions of the dreaded Swift Jersey Template. There's just too many interruptions in the design - the sleeve stripes start after the cuff, then stop again at the shoulder numbers, then only patches across the shoulders, then the stripes again, then a bare cuff. Same thing under the arms. At least when the stripes go around the arm/waist circumferentially, there's no disrupting the stripes. It took this concept to figure out specifically what bugged me about the new templates, and that's what it is. The stripes can't flow, they're all broken up into pieces.

Also - would Nike/Reebok allow for a unique stripe like the Sens' laurel wreaths, and their unique numbering/lettering font?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Very nice work, Rog. I really like your interpretation of how the Sens jersey might look on the swift template. I agree with VitaminD about some of the elements that make the swift template unappealing.

BTW... did you get my PM?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Very nice work, Rog. I really like your interpretation of how the Sens jersey might look on the swift template. I agree with VitaminD about some of the elements that make the swift template unappealing.

BTW... did you get my PM?

Yes I did get your PM. I figure I might as well share what I've got so far with everyone...

As far as an actual template for the real Swift jerseys go, I do not have an authentic one. I DO HOWEVER have what I tried as an educated guess at a mockup of Team's Canada's jersey:

Canada-2006-12.gif

I do not have a grid version of this, sorry. This was mostly an On-The-Fly interpretation, fixing it as I discovered something. (Yes I know it uses the Junior font and not the Olympic font. I may get around to making that soon.)

I also did a second template, for this Senators jersey. I decided to just modify my own jersey template into something that converts a swift design visually with greater ease than the apparent hideousness of the real thing. Accuracy is not really the point behind it, and it is actually much easier to work with this one because I've kept everything straight for the most part. Here is that template:

Jersey-3a.gif

I call it Jersey-3a because I obviously intend on doing a full-blown accurate template of someday, but it's not a feasable option right now.

Feel free to work with either of these templates however you's wish. There probably are some great designs that, if you follow the Swift template formula strictly, could look great.

champssig2.png

RC, as far as I know, Authentics are not yet avaliable, therefore all you can really use right now is a replica. I own a L red one if you'd like me to take a HQ pic of it so you can use for the template. Otherwise, the Team Canada one looks good, and as much as I feel dirty for saying this, so does the Sens. I almost came close to buyin a Yashin era Sens jersey today just to smite Sens fans and remind them of the crappy days...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

You're numbers are great. The way you made them actually makes me like them more...

That said, when I analyze photos of the actual Canadian jerseys (http://www.gettyimages.com is a huge help), their numbers appear to be thicker. As well...

- The top left end of the 2 is actually shorter on the jerseys.

- Also, that straight extension on the 6 and 9 actually begins deeper into the loop (Almost right in like with the top of the inner oval, which is also smaller because it's thicker.

- The top part of the backwards C part of the 5 is also higher as well.

The 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 0 are perfect, they just need to be thicker.

I could make these adjustments myself, but it won't be really late tomorrow night.

champssig2.png

Very nice work, Rog.  I really like your interpretation of how the Sens jersey might look on the swift template.  I agree with VitaminD about some of the elements that make the swift template unappealing.

BTW...  did you get my PM?

Yes I did get your PM. I figure I might as well share what I've got so far with everyone...

Thank you, amigo! :notworthy: Now I have something new to occupy my time with. Not that I have a lot of it in between employment, preparing for my wedding, and practices/rehearsals with my new band... :wacko:

Thanks again!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Hey, along with Getty Images this guys eBay store has every Team Canada player number kit, in each color which might be great for reference. Thanks for doing this guys.Team Canada Jersey Kits

Not a bad find, though his credentials are diminished by that horrible Bettis knock-off.

champssig2.png

Archived