Canada in danger of another shutout

NJTank

This doesn't look good. Canada has now been shutout for the past 6 periods, and have really only had a couple of really good chances for goals. If they don't do something quick, they'll be playing for the bronze medal game.

Which brings to light the question I've been asking all week.

Why Pat Quinn? He's never won the Stanley Cup, and his current NHL team is arguably the worst of all the Canadian teams.

He's a decent coach, but couldn't they find somebody better, who's known for winning in the crunch (against teams not named the Senators)?

I still have confidence in our boys, and a little adversity might do 'em some good. But one more performance like this and they could very well be heading home empty-handed.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

If Canada falls is this going to be the end of Quinn in Toronto Ive heard fans are begining to call for hsi head up there.

I doubt it because this has nothing to do with the Maple Leafs.

As for Pat Quinn as head coach that is a a good question. I guess this is how internation organizations work. Look at the US, this year they didn't mess up the coaching however Don Wadell as GM is dumb. The guy has a .348 career winning percentage as a GM and his team has stepped backwards this year when they were expected to be better.

Again, enough with the Don Wadell bashing, he is doing a great job assembling a talented team in Atlanta, without breaking the bank, or mortgaging the future.

Sure he has a .346 winning percentage, but how good is a team supposed to be in its first 5 years?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well the Thrashers had the Heatley situation if the accident didnt happen I think they would be a a strong contender now that set them back atleast 3 years. If they ever foudn some consistent goaltending and leadership they woudl be a good team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Looks to me like finland has one strong hockey club. I'm thinking they are gonna make a run at the gold and the U.S. and Canada may be left out altogether.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

US was going to be left out of the medals anyway-anyone who thought otherwise was just deluding themselves.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Again, enough with the Don Wadell bashing, he is doing a great job assembling a talented team in Atlanta, without breaking the bank, or mortgaging the future.

Sure he has a .346 winning percentage, but how good is a team supposed to be in its first 5 years?

Exactly.

It took Nashville 6 seasons to make the playoffs, and now they're one of the elite in the West. This is Atlanta's sixth season, and this is the first time they've been in contention this late into the season.

Waddell didn't overpay for a big name just for the sake of having a big name on the roster. He stockpiled a ton of draft picks that are starting to make their way to Atlanta.

I am glad Waddell didn't pull a Diamondbacks-like act and sign free agents, win the title, then fall into bancruptcy and the bottom of the league.

Can I Just point out one thing and that is look at the goalies that Canada has gone up againts.......The Swiss were lead by Gerber who has been doing a GREAT job in Carolina and the Fins have Nitamakki who has been a pleasent suprise in Philly. So I am suprised but this is not all that amazing........a lot of times its the goalie that makes a difference in these types of tournies even in the cup (ie Gigure in 2003 (im still bitter btw)) but in all seriousness burnside has a good article on ESPN and he raises some good points esp. where is Staal, Spezza and Crosby. I know they have some lacking in expeirence but still you left off three of the hottest guys in the NHL and i would go as far as to say the way that you get expeirence is by playing in the games.....and crosby has played in the U20 tourny two years in a row so he is expeirnced...........alright feel free to rip on me as much as you want..........anyway GO USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweden over Kazakhstan

Finland over Switzerland

Russia over Sweden

Switzerland over Czech Republic

Sweden over Latvia

Switzerland over Canada

Switzerland ties Germany

Sweden over the USA

That's good looking, traditonal hockey jerseys 5, ugly, templated techno-jerseys 2 with one tie, including two huge upsets for the traditionals.

Personally, I think this speaks volumes and I find it pretty hilarious. :D

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived