Bonds Retiring after 2006

NJTank

Just saw this on ESPN.com

Report: Barry Bonds Done After '06

After sitting out most of 2005, Barry Bonds is calling this season his last. The Giants slugger told USA Today that he will retire with or without the all-time home run record. "I'm not playing baseball anymore after this," he said.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Finally.

But you can never really know for sure when a player is gonna retire until it's official.

If Bonds is 1-10 Hr's short of the record, I'm pretty sure he'll think about coming back for another season (or half a season)

This is great news if you're a fan of steroid-free baseball. I wonder what Barry's home run total would be if he had never been on on the juice or if "73" would even have happened. Regardless, I won't miss Bonds at all. Long live Hammerin Hank's record!

6uXNWAo.png

Ah, still trying to keep up with T.O. in his attempt to capture another "Sports Jerk of the Year" honor.

Even without steroids this guy is a jackass. But anyone who beleives he isn't a cheat and a blight on the sport is fooling themselves. His records are tainted and in question, his atittude is beyond redemption, and if not for his "accomplishments" he'd have already been kicked to the curb ages ago. If the Giants are serious about winning they would distance themselves from him ASAP. I think he would find that just like Sammy Sosa many people are willing to put his era behind them.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

No WS ring, no all time HR record.

Everytime someone brings up Barry Bonds not winning a World Series just makes me smile so much because I know that my team is responsible for taking it from him. Thank you, Kenny Lofton for popping out.

I'll believe it if/when it actually happens, since he is already backing away from his statement. Remember, this is the same guy who sat next to his son and told everyone the media had won because they had beaten him down and he wasn't sure how badly he was injured. Somehow, he managed to summon the courage and depth of character to forge onward.

When it does finally happen, I won't miss him a bit. I hope it happens without him having passed Aaron, because I would hate to see such a class act passed by an first class @$$hat (first time using that word -- I like it) who's accomplishments are under a heavy cloud of suspicion.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I won't miss him. I won't miss his attitude. I won't miss his propaganda website. I won't the highlights on ESPN that have him rounding the bases with the number of HRs he has on the scoreboard of Pac Bell Park (or whatever it's called this week),I won't miss his absence in Video Games, I won't miss Pedro Gomez following him around and I most certainly won't miss him blaming everyone for disrespecting his family and his attempt for Aaron.

But besides all of this.... Besides the almost-certain steroid use and him being a big jerk, he is a first ballot HOFer. He was a first ballot HOFer before he started to become a HR machine.

Insert Witty Signature Here.

No WS ring, no all time HR record.

Everytime someone brings up Barry Bonds not winning a World Series just makes me smile so much because I know that my team is responsible for taking it from him. Thank you, Kenny Lofton for popping out.

FYI, I'm also a SF Giants fan.

What an irony... being a Red Sox fan, I've Ted Williams who never won a WS ring... and being a Jints fan, I never saw Bonds winning it all.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Good riddance. First off if he wasn't on the roids for a good part of his career then I'm a Michigan Fan. He cheated plain and simple. This guy could have been an icon like Babe Ruth or MJ. Instead he chose to be an :censored: hole. Here's hoping he hits 5 HRs all season. Hammerin' Hank and The Babe deserve better than to have some chump like Bonds pass them. Come to think of it Willie Mays deserved better too.

See ya Barry. Feel free to leave right now if you want to. I don't think too many people would care.

BB52Big.jpg

Well Barry Bonds has backtracked, saying that if his knee can hold up, he'll play a few more years. If not, he's gone.

Barry Bonds is a jackass. Seriously. Everyone knows he did steroids, and adding to that, he's an ass to everyone outside of his team and family. But I'm kinda sad that he isn't going to go out like I thought he would, staying in the game, giving the media the finger, and keep on "raking".

I guess I'm the only person that wants to see Bonds break the record. I wish him the very best of luck and hope he can play 120-140 games, hit 48-50 homers and walk off into the sunset with the all-time HR record.

Good luck, Barry. Hope the knee holds up!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I guess I'm the only person that wants to see Bonds break the record. I wish him the very best of luck and hope he can play 120-140 games, hit 48-50 homers and walk off into the sunset with the all-time HR record.

Oh yeah, I just find it hilarious that Barry would much rather pass the Babe than Hank Aaron.

"It's that ghost I chase" :P

Did MLB have rules or a policy that banned steroids when MR Bonds broke the homerun record? If no rules or policy was in effect what is the argument? I don't like MR Bonds but if he broke no rules all you can say about him is he is a jerk. If he went by the rules in place at the time ,he was just smarter then the rest of his peers.If he broke rules or laws shame on you MR Bonds.

Archived