What teams do you think will bounce back?

CrookedThumb

I just want to know what bad sports teams do you think have the best chance at doing well next season? MLB and NFL are for 2004. NHL and NBA are for 2003.

Here are my opinions:

MLB: Devil Rays - They did really well toward the end of the season. I expect that to continue into 2004.

NBA: Cavaliers - LeBron James + Paul Silas = at least .500

NFL: Jets - In 2004 they'll have Pennington for hopefully the entire season. I would have said the same thing for Atlanta and Vick, but his injury (since it is to his leg) affects his performance more than Pennington's injury affects his. Pennington only injured his non-throwing arm.

NHL: Thrashers - just gut instinct

I shall only bless you all on 1 team that is gonna be a contender this season that wasn't exactly a contender last season, to say the least...

Denver Nuggets - I disagree with the notion that the Cavaliers will be a bounce back team.  Player wise, what did they do other than Lebron James?  An 18 year old kid, phenom or not, ain't gonna bring a 17 win team to .500.  However, the Nuggets got Carmelo, a kid that's far more NBA ready than Lebron James into the league and added Andre Miller at PG.  Nene is only going to get better, having put up numbers last year that matched up with the likes of Kevin Garnett's and many others' rookie season.  Tskitishvili is gettin his foot work faster, which was the biggest reason for his lack of success in his rookie season.  Camby will be healthy for a few games.  And probably the main reason... Jeff Bzdelik gets more effort out of that team than any team in the league.  And Earl Boykins is short but awesome :D

Oh, and did someone say Dennis Rodman?  Yeah, there's a chance he could be pulling down boards for the Nugs.  Exactly what they need.

IUe6Hvh.png

MLB- call me a homer, but I have a good feeling about the Jays. They defenetly improved over last season, so hopefully they can get some pitching support in the off-season and get stronger

NHL- Columbus looks like they have the potential to make a mark this season. They certainly have the fan base to support them (whenever I've watched a game in Columbus, the place is PACTED)

Archived