NBA All-Star Game

mjrbaseball

I'm sure there will be many things to discuss about the NBA All-Star Game, so I started a place for them.

I'll start ...

I liked the warm-up suits the players wore before the game. Each player had the logos of all the ASG's he has played in. Some had just 1 or 2 or 3 logos, of course. Then Shaq came out with logos the length of both sleeves for his 13 appearances.

What's the point of jersey numbers if the font makes them impossible to read?

Seriously, these are the ugliest uniforms I have ever seen. I'm pining for the days of the Sixers' star-trail jerseys...

barsixers005_jpg.jpg

...and the teal-and-gold monstrosities the Pistons used to wear...

grant_hill_layup000721.jpg

And if that isn't bad enough, Yellowcard is the music they use coming back from commercials? Insult to injury!

Generally, all-star uniforms are at best uninspiring, at workt downright...well, turn on TNT right now.

They should either:

-Have the players wear their team's jersey like they used to until a couple years ago

OR

_Have the All-Star uniform based on the uniform of the team hosting the game--they used to do this in the 1960s and 1970s...

KSAS67W_W.jpg

ALL72E17_W.jpg

And if that isn't bad enough, Yellowcard is the music they use coming back from commercials? Insult to injury!

Yellowcard? That's nothing-it'd be bad if they chose Black Eyed Peas

Anybody remember LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED! LET'S GET IT STARTED!

Seriously-now that is rock bottom.

grant_hill_layup000721.jpg

hey, hey...what's going on here? someone needs to keep their hands to themselves. :wacko:

While either his shorts are bunched up or Grant's happy with it

This may be the first picture of an athlete pitching a tent on the playing field.

Archived