Houston MLS uniforms

Diablo de Tejas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Houston jersey reminds me of the logo from the show "That Girl" (see below). Of course, there are plenty of prospective fans who have never heard of the show. Man, I am getting old.

row-2-b.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I was checking out FC Dallas website and found some pictures from there game on Saturday against Houston. Don't know if Houston is wearing thier official uniforms, but you can see the 1836 logo in the middle of the chest.

4.jpg

I would assume that those might be practice jerseys, the team will most likely have a "big deal" event when the unis are released.

Yeah, other MLS teams use a similar style for their training kits.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I was checking out FC Dallas website and found some pictures from there game on Saturday against Houston. Don't know if Houston is wearing thier official uniforms, but you can see the 1836 logo in the middle of the chest.

4.jpg

I would assume that those might be practice jerseys, the team will most likely have a "big deal" event when the unis are released.

i kinda hope its training, i mean look at the parking lot in the background, looks like high school field

worldchampsll1.png

Yes, this was just a preseason game held in one of the fields adjacent to FC Dallas' Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, TX.

Remember Houston 1836 will be changing its name (possibly as early as next week), though it is unclear if that will change team colors and uniforms. It probably will not -- I imagine that whatever uniforms adidas has put/is putting together for the team will replace the 1836 logo with the new logo. Stay tuned.

GYD

4.jpg

i kinda hope its training, i mean look at the parking lot in the background, looks like high school field

Nope, it was an actual preseason game, and it was being played at one of the auxillary fields at the FC Dallas complex in Frisco, TX. They couldn't use the real stadium (Pizza Hut Park I think is the name) because USA-GUA. The 2 national teams were holding practices at the main stadium, so the MLSers got kicked out.

Houston Chronicle

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

And what do ya know... all merch except the yet-to-be unveiled jerseys has been taken out of the team store. Honestly, what a bunch of crapola to change the team's name because someone with a deliberately biased historical perspective finds it offensive.

Now, if team officials had come out and said "We've decided to change our team's name because we've come to our senses and realize it blows like a home movie starring Kid Rock and Scott Stapp," well, then I'd be planting my tush firmly on the Apollos bandwagon. But for this? Come on.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And what do ya know... all merch except the yet-to-be unveiled jerseys has been taken out of the team store. Honestly, what a bunch of crapola to change the team's name because someone with a deliberately biased historical perspective finds it offensive.

It's every bit as silly as Tampa Bay losing the "Devil" from their name because they said it was keeping Christian fans away. :blink:

The Houston 1836 T-shirts are up for sale again at the MLS online shop. I"m not gonna jump to conclusions just off of that, but perhaps sanity has taken hold here?

The Houston 1836 T-shirts are up for sale again at the MLS online shop. I"m not gonna jump to conclusions just off of that, but perhaps sanity has taken hold here?

no, sanity would actually be if they moved them back where they belong in san jose

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

they coulda worked it out during the season i believe. the MLS should be ashamed of them,selves. they had a really good market for soccer here, and they screwed it up.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

According to the Houston 1836 forum @ Bigsoccer.com

Team President Oliver Luck was on radio last night, He gave a few interesting hints.

*The decision (to change the team name) was all about business. Phil Anschutz fo AEG, the MLS, and a couple of "consultants" are involved in selecting the new name. Anschutz weighed in very heavily on selecting the new name.*

*The logo is being "Modified"...the colors will stay the same*

*When we unveil the new name, soccer traditionalists are going to be happy with it. It's not a 'Houston Tigers' or any American-type sports franchise name.*

Logo, name and kit to be unveiled by the end of this week......

Let the countdown to the begin....

NYCdog.png

*When we unveil the new name, soccer traditionalists are going to be happy with it. It's not a 'Houston Tigers' or any American-type sports franchise name.*

Yeah, because an AMERICAN sports team having an AMERICAN-type sports franchise name is such a horrible horrible thing.

Houston is not in Europe. Nor has the club been around for 200 years either. Stop trying to pass it off as either and give it a real name.

Archived