• Last Reply
U.S. doesnt do it!

Oh well. 4 years doesnt seem that long.

4 more years before they take the same exit again! ^_^

At least the US was able to score on Niittymaki...^_^

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

2-0 Russia. Canada out. USA and Canada won't even play for a medal. This is the NHL's worst nightmare.

I blame the ice...the reason they were so successful the last time around is because they played on North American/NHL regulation ice. Here, they played on European/International ice, and the result of that is evident. That is the reason I believe both the US and Canada did so poorly this time around and why the Swedish and Russians are being so successful. It wasnt the teams on the ice, it was the ice itself...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

2-0 Russia. Canada out. USA and Canada won't even play for a medal. This is the NHL's worst nightmare.

I blame the ice...the reason they were so successful the last time around is because they played on North American/NHL regulation ice. Here, they played on European/International ice, and the result of that is evident. That is the reason I believe both the US and Canada did so poorly this time around and why the Swedish and Russians are being so successful. It wasnt the teams on the ice, it was the ice itself...

Dude...EVERY international tourney (WJCs, WCs, Olympics) is on the bigger surface...always has been like that.

And sorry, the reason why Canada and the US got beat this time around is pretty simple....Finland and Russia were the better teams on the ice that given day.

That and the fact that the US and Canadian offensive attack picked the wrong times to go AWOL.

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Wow, of all the factors to blame, and you blame the ice??? I understand that it's a different structure than the North American/NHL and it should take some getting used to, but you can't blame a playing serface that is similar to the one they've already acclimated to playing on for losing a tournament. It's really that simple: A handful of other teams were better than the North American teams, end of story. I've coped.

With that being said, if the US Basketball team doesn't take home gold in 2008, someone's getting shot.

:P

I love how the canadians on this board were talking :censored: when the US got knocked out, but when THEY get shut out...

well, it's the ice.. and the air is different... and several planets were out of alignment.....

You lost. You've done no better than America or anyone else. Shut the fu*k up.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

With that being said, if the US Basketball team doesn't take home gold in 2008, someone's getting shot.

:P

Taking a cue from the 1994 Colombian World Cup team, huh? :blink:

Canada just lost to a better team. I say Hockey Canada do the same thing as after the 1998 Olympics, regroup, refocus and come back strong in 2010.

Also, I don't believe that the World Juniors require the larger surface., but the Olympics and World Championships do.

I saw, I came, I left.

Dude...EVERY international tourney (WJCs, WCs, Olympics) is on the bigger surface...always has been like that.

Actually, that is not always the case. The 2003 WJC was not played on Olympic-sized ice. (I should know, I worked the tournament.)

I'm pretty certain this past WJC was not played on Olympic-sized ice either. The World Cup of Hockey in 2004 was likely not either.

The Olympics though ALWAYS are. If I'm not mistaken, BC Place in Vancouver will actually be hosting hockey games in 2010, probably because it may require some renovating to GM Place or Pacific Coliseum to accomodate an Olympic-sized ice surface.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

You lost. You've done no better than America or anyone else. Shut the fu*k up.

Well actually... we did rank higher than "America" (never heard of that country)

And where did that ranking get you?

...and Chris, do we have to go toe-to-toe with this America thing again?

Let's just look forward to the Leafs sucking and the Devils making a run at the Cup again...... The way hockey should be.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived