Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

You guys are doing an awesome job. I would say it's more than I expected, but I had high hopes because I know you guys are pros. So, I'll say it is just what I expected.

Syphi, very nice, dude! I like the wordmark as is, but wouldn't mind seeing it without the band just to see both possibilities. Also, while I LOVE the use of navy, could you try with a dark royal. They use a true royal, but I think they would be more open to a darker version of that rather than staight out navy. I would of course show them both.

GMac, you started with a nice dragon and said you were gonna work on it, I'd like to see what you came up with, if you have had time.

Joel, nice concept! Do you have one that isn't bustin' through, though? It looks like it could be that without the rip marks. Just think it may be tough to decern unless you are up close. I like it though.

Hockeyzealot, I still like your dragon SC logo, but it may be more suited for a secondary (but would be great on the football helmet). Do you think you could take the same style dragon and make a full body version with the wings etc. That would be a great pair with the SC as a 2ndary.

GMS, still lovin' your work on the Cavaliers! I would still like to see a version with the face, pants and maybe the cape in white and gray (whatever looks better on each thing. It doesn't have to be detailed, but it would be less of a silhouette, so there would be a choice there. Instead of, "Do you want this logo," it would be, "Which of these would work better for you?"

Sabres7200, I like the concept. The idea of just the hornet head on the helmet is intriguing. Congrats on #600

49erfan-I like your stuff, and the circle was a good addition.

Mike, glad to hear you are working on a Chargers concept! They need one for sure. They do sometimes use a Ram logo, but also use the lightning bolt.

*Speaking of the Chargers, do you guys think a leaping or ramming ram with a Powers wordmark on his side (maybe on  a blanket thing like on ARMY's) and lightning bolt horns would work? If it looked good, I would like to see a helmet with those electric horns. It would be a cross between the SD Chargers and the StL Rams. Sounds cool, but execution may prove impossible.

I heard a few say they were gonna work on the Bobcat and Martian, can't wait to see them!

Any ideas for the Cardinals?

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STL Fanatic, about the soccer jerseys, get me the info. I will try to come up with something. Also, let me know what kind of style they usually go with-classic, plain, pro styling, cutting edge or left field (crazy wacky). Then I will know what to look at. I played soccer in high school (along with every other sport), so I have an interest in working on soccer stuff.

(EDIT-add on)

Syphi-maybe you should add accent to your stinger like Joel has on his.  It may add a nice touch.

been working on my IBL franchise... im really happy with it so be sure to check that board, im set to unveil in the next couple days (prolly tonight or tomorrow depending on when i get the court finished)... as for the dragon i set it aside after i saw SyPhi's and Zealots... but ill finish what i had in mind... just came up with a Chargers idea that im gonna try tonight... also been working on a martians idea (like the god of war) which explains the "trojan" look... and we'll see how those come out... got an idea for the bobcats but im not sure how it would look on a helmet or a jersey... but we'll see i suppose

ps... is there a reason why i cant see joel_fiascos work...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

GMac, not sure if it's in TFAQ :D but I won't crucify you for it-but that doesn't mean someone else won't.  You have to right click on  the link and copy it, then paste it on your address bar and go from there.  I don't remember the explanation of why this is the way it is, but it is.  Anytime a link doesn't work, 9 times out of 10, if you copy and paste, it will.

tried that didnt work... but let me try again it may just be my security settings... been really screwy lately...

edit****yep its all about the security on my PC... works fine at work... very nice joel

www.pifflespodcast.com

Just turned in my portfolio for review today...and I've got a paper and exam comming up tomorrow...so it may be a few days before I can come back with anything.  But I'll certainly be sketching out ideas.  I'm interested in the Chargers concept with the lightning ram "thing"...may play with that a bit too.  GMac...you read my mind on the Mars (Roman god of war) interpretation of the Martians concept...I really hope I don't step on your toes again like last time.  Chances are you'll beat me to the punch on that one anyway.

i decided i better get my chragers up so zealot can still my thunder again...lol... this is rough just want you opinion on my idea...not how nice it looks...lol...

chargers_copy.gif

ps... my IBL franchise is now up... see im not bad when i flesh out an entire idea... just give me time and i do not bad work...lol...click on the link to view it...

Saskatchewan Northstars of the IBL

www.pifflespodcast.com

STL Fanatic, about the soccer jerseys, get me the info. I will try to come up with something. Also, let me know what kind of style they usually go with-classic, plain, pro styling, cutting edge or left field (crazy wacky). Then I will know what to look at. I played soccer in high school (along with every other sport), so I have an interest in working on soccer stuff.

(EDIT-add on)

Syphi-maybe you should add accent to your stinger like Joel has on his. It may add a nice touch.

Well, we actually just got new ones this year, but we are also gonna get more, because, our school is unofficially darkening our colors (they claim it's the coaches choice per sport, but the football team decided to do it, so they are making the change to everything inside the building...jerks...I mean umm...), and JV needs to get new ones anyway, so the one year hand me downs will work well.

Anyway, the jerseys from this year pretty much fit the trend. We have the slashes that start under the arm and taper towards the bottom. Three addidas stripes on the colar to sleeves.

One reason I ask, is because we haven't found any place that makes them in navy and a true gold as opposed to yellow, and those would be our new darker colors.

Email me and/or give me an aol or msn screen name, and maybe we can work together on some proposals, and I'll present it to the coach...

circusmidget02-at-yahoo-dot-com

sigh... im making a new head... and yes its rhode islands...  :P  just making sure its an ok idea combining the lightning and the ram...one idea one logo type thing

www.pifflespodcast.com

Nice job GMAC, MikeB7 and 49er. Firts though, I must say, it's orange not yellow. Here is kinda what I thought. I took the Navy ram/goat whatever and did a rough mock of lightning horns. I couldn't make it look very good (I couldn't get curve for instance) but the idea is there. I like what GMac was trying to do as well with the lightning and Mikeb had an interesting idea with the lightning mane.

Here's the mock up

pc1.jpg

Obviously, keep going with your concepts. Just thought I'd throw this out there to see what you think. One thing about this, though, is I don't think I like the angle of the Ram. It would probably be better as a full side view.

(edit-add on)

49er, the head seems a bit fat and it seems as though there is a single horn coming from the middle of the head. Also, the horn seems like a hairy object as opposed to lightning. You may want to try making both edges jagged. Use the Chargers' bolt for inspiration. quality start for a concept though. :cool:

OK here is GMac's Ram with my idea added-again very raw as I am using PAINT.  If one of you guys likes the idea, run with it-add body etc.  I know the bolts have yellow in them but it would take me a while to paint orange over them.

pc3.jpg

Archived