Big legit project-poss. paying gig

umlegend

Sy, I like the new hornet stuff better.  Awesome stuff.  Good luck on that midterm-ace it man!

Vladdy, forgot to comment on the concept you did.  I like it.  I will say it will be expensive to go away from a normal striping pattern on the pants (and for that matter, a seperate pair for each outfit) but even a normal twin stripe pattern that meets up the the lightning pattern would look great.  Putting the crossing swords in my original Cavalier comic was just gimmicky, putting these bolts in this concept is just cool.

In war there is no prize for runner-up. -- Omar N. Bradley

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read through all the hole topic and all these logos look amazing.

umlegend, are there any other schools you plan to add to your list? All the schools so far seem to be covered pretty good, any plans on Hockey jerseys?

Darnit... just realized that the shading on the hornet and the shading on the letters contradict each other... I'll either have to change it to white or redo the shading altogether (which sounds time-consuming and tedious)... I'll switch it to white and see how it looks.

*Edit: It's been switched. As my eye physician would say, "Bettah o' Wuhse?"

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

That's cool Sy. It looks good with the white.

Jesse, as for other schools, I have looked into that. I am trying to decide on one or two to add. Maybe by the end of this I will have a dozen and if I can get 25% to sign on, that's 3 schools. That would be cool. But, the way these packages look, these schools would be crazy not to switch. You said most of these schools are covered. Oh contrare! Let me list what we need. I would like multiple options for this stuff so...

**Note: If you are already working on something, no matter what anyone else is doing, it's fine, keep working. If I end up with more than 2 logo options for a school, like say 5 , that's great. I will show them all. If you are deciding on a concept to start on the following should help

LOGOS- We have no posted logo concepts for the Grand Blanc Bobcats or for the Davison Cardinals. I have heard a few say they were working on a Bobcat logos but haven't seen them (I have seen another paw logo which is good, I just want to see some cats) and I have heard nothing as far as a Davison Cardinal concept. I did however see 2 good Cardinal logos (meant for Arizona concepts) on the websites of Nitroseed and Syphi.

We only have one option, with no one *known* to be working on a 2nd option at this time for the Flushing Raiders (would like at least one that stays with the black bird them they have already-you can hopefully see it on the helmet on pg 1 of this thread) and the CA Cavaliers.

Wordmarks-There are some good wordmarks that have been made. If you see a logo needing a wordmark, and you wanna make one to pair up with it, go for it. Some have made wordmarks to go with their logos, some have not. Feel free to go for it. Maybe someone will see your wordmark and be inspired to make a logo to go with it.

Uniforms-I have done a football uniform for almost every school, a bball one for CA and a hockey one for SC. I have also seen some other good concepts from others all of them football (as far as I can remember). As far as unis go, create whatever your heart desires (we do need some bball and some hockey -Flushing and CA don't play hockey though). The more the merrier.

Looking forward to the competition I see GMac. Well, I am looking forward to seeing Zealot's, Jp's and your Bobcat, and anyone else's who is working on one. Nitroseed had a sweet one a while back (I think it was him) but I did a search for the thread and couldn't find it.

JP, in my last post, I said no logo concepts for the Bobcats. Then, I mentioned I saw the paw and meant no actual Bobcat concepts. I like adding GB to the paw, but it is more of a secondary to me. It wouldn't really get us anywhere with the school, because it needs to be a new and fresh idea. They have never used a picture of a Bobcat, so it is worth trying to get them to do that. Don't get me wrong I liked your concept, I just think if we through an actual Bobcat logo on it, it would be better.

Joel-Normally I wouldn't like those, but for some reason I kinda do. I would like to see the colors changed up a bit and the numbers on the shorts switched out for a logo. But, that retro flare is kinda cool. I wouldn't mind showing off some retro options to the school along with the next wave type options.

**Edit-add on

Oooooooooo, Mike, I like! That looks cool. One observation, would it be possible to see how navy or white text would look instead of black. Overall, that's pretty sweet. Didn't you say in the Golden State thread that this was your first Illustrator project? This is great either way, but if it's your 1st, that's exceptional.

Thx! Glad you like it!

Yes, the Golden State Gladiators was my first illustrator project.. the chargers is my 2nd and if you wanna count the goodrich martians as a separate one then it's my third..

Yeah, I wanted to do something with the text anyway..

check back in a few hours ;)

Joel-Normally I wouldn't like those, but for some reason I kinda do. I would like to see the colors changed up a bit and the numbers on the shorts switched out for a logo. But, that retro flare is kinda cool. I wouldn't mind showing off some retro options to the school along with the next wave type options.

and here you go...

copy/paste

http://www.geocities.com/jrhurst/images/martiansBball2.gif

feedback = helpful

Ah, that would explain it. I was gettin' pretty frustrated. I tried like every kind of cat possible in the search. I even tried to search for all the threads you started. I was of course gonna just check it out and ask you if you could switch the colors and see if I could make it part of my presentation. Would it be possible to get you to modify your Az. Cards concept? It's pretty sweet. I like the head, I would like another with a body to pair it with. Davison's colors are like FSU's. If you can't find time to do that or any other concepts, that's cool. I just know you are up at the top with the best ones in the forum. No one seems to be going for a Cardinal concept either-guess it isn't too exciting.

*Edit-add on:

Joel, for the colors, I meant Make Navy the main one and for the second try yellow, then try metallic.  It has good potential.

and here they are in blue...

c/p

http://www.geocities.com/jrhurst/images/ma...sBball2blue.gif

http://www.geocities.com/jrhurst/images/ma...nsBballblue.gif

i know i didn't do a metallic gold....i'm just not into the whole bling bling thing.....actually, i left my pantone swatchbook at home......(oops)

Ok, here's my second attempt for Grand Blanc:

http://www.jimdesign.com/gb2.html

And here's the explanation:

I wanted to do a better bobcat head before, but I had time restrictions. Now I was able to do the cat head. I was inspired by: Bridgeport Sound Tigers, Charlotte Bobcats, and Moncton Wildcats. I tried to curve the teeth to make the silhouette almost look like a "G", but it didn't come out that well. Hopefully it looks fierce enough without begin too cartoonish.

The uniforms are still red and black, with more emphasis on red now. I turned the side striping to taper to slashes, looking like a big claw mark. The same striping should go on the helmet as well.

For the wordmark the lettering is hand-drawn. The numbers are from a font called Pirate Keg, similar to East Carolina. I added little "slashes" to the numbers, similar to what the Worcester IceCats had on their jersey numbers for years.

The coloring scheme can be rearranged it necessary. I was going to make the bobcat with gold fur (like Moncton), but I kept it red limit the coloring. I can also arrange the team name in an arch so it will fit on basketball and baseball uniforms. I would just use the bobcat for hockey, but I might do an interlocking "G-B" graphic. Or the paw print from my earlier entry can be used as secondary marks too.

Comments/suggestions? Hope this is closer to what you were looking for.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'll be brief. 1 arming it aint fun.

logo... good start... needs Illustratin' and some ouline and depth... GB logo is quality

wordmark... italic doesn't look as good as normal... the one on the baseball jersey is nice

numbers... not readable enough... too fat... claw effect is a little gimmyicky

football... meh... dont like these that much... needs work

hoops... nice, but different coloured stripe on shorts (bottom right) unnecessary

baseball... very nice

hockey... nice, but keep trim consistent... if you go white-black-red on hem, cuffs, numbers, lohos, etc, do that on the shoulders as well...

looks like you've put a lotta work in... good work so far... a little more work on the things I've mentioned could go a long way IMO.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived