Texas league All Star Logo

paynomind

378.jpeg.300.jpeg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I know the Texas league composes of teams from states other than Texas, but it is just weird to see a logo that has the words Texas League in it while being in the shape of Arkansas

Agreed. "Texas League" has obviously come to mean as much as "Carolina League", "Pacific Coast League" or "New York-Penn League" (or "East Coast Hockey League" or "Atlantic 10" or "Big East" if we want to keep looking).(MEMO TO SELF -- Next time I found an athletic league or conference, DO NOT include a geographic designation in the name.)

As for the logo itself, it's not bad. Nothing spectacular, but nothing jumps out at me as being particularly bad either.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Can we add numbers to that as well, i.e. "Big Ten?"

I've always thought of that as a separate issue, but absolutely. That is actually worse than the "Atlantic", "East Coast" or "Pacific Coast" issue, because you can try to make an argument (however weak) that Dayton and St. Louis belong in a conference named for the Atlantic Ocean and that Memphis and New Orleans belong in a league named for the Pacific Ocean. Numbers are numbers.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived