A yankees fan venting

JQK

I yanked this from my thread on "team you hate"

"Yankees- I don't like Steinbrenner. I have to say, if I was in his place I would probably be doing the exact same thing...but anybody could win with that payroll. Almost every Yankee fan I know is a assh*le, bragging about this, that, blah blah when they win the WS. I could win with that payroll too."

The Dodgers, Cubs, Red Sox, they all have the money to do it and htye have tried many times... how many Championships they have over the last 10 years? It's not just spending the money, it's spending the money wisely, and having an owner WILLING to spend the money. If you don't want to spend the money, be prepared to lose. And if you bitch and moan that you don't have the money, then leave. When did it become the obligation of one business enterprise to prop up failing franchises? it's not right. And half of these supposed "small market" teams aren't small market at all, they just have tightwad owners who want to spen as little as possible....

And where were the cries for a salary cap in the 80's and early 90's when the Yankees sucked hard? Where were all of you then? I see, payroll doesn't matter when you suck, only when you win? The Mets have a payroll that does in fact rival the Ynakees and is quite larger than most every other team in the game... where's the bitching anf moaning about the Muts, i mean Mets? Truth is, you don't mind the payrolls, or the good scouting, or the premier farm system, your pissed about 26 World Champuionships residing in the Bronx, when you wish they would be in your po-dunk town. You would trade spots with the Yankees in a second to get those 26 championships. You don't think Boston would? The Giants? Dodgers? You people only use the Yankees money as a crutch, something grasp onto as a reason why YOUR team sucks.. "Mariners suck? it's the Yankees money"... "Orioles suck, must be those freakin' Yankees and their money"...

Don't get me wrong, i lovethe hated.... why wants to be loved by everyone?... but hate us for the right reasons.. like Boston does... those lousy rat-bastards... :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'm a Cardinals fan but I love the Yankees and I admire Steinbrenner.  I mean, come on, anyone who goes to work for him knows exactly what he's in for and let's face it, the guy doesn't take himself all that seriously.  The Visa commercials and his appearances on SNL are testimony to that.  Small market teams like the Twins and A's did okay this year and the Marlins aren't exactly breaking the bank either.  And while money is good, it's not the only factor motivating players to go to certain teams.  There's the chemistry factor, the playing environment and the fan support too.  St. Louis isn't exactly a money pot but a lot of good players have chosen to spend time wearing the birds on a bat because they feel it's a great place to play.  With the Yankees you don't just have the money issue but also the chance to play for a storied franchise in one of the greatest cities in the world.  I think the Yankees get a lot of unfair criticism and I am just one small-market guy standing up for 'em, for whatever that's worth.

As a Mets fan I must admit the bitching about Yankees payroll is true. Its not how much you spend but who you spend it on. Mets have spent allot on classless players who care just about themsleves while Yankees have signed team player or made sure they were soon off the team just ask Raul Mondesi what its like to be bounced off the Yankees.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived