Baseball Winter Meetings Orlando '06

Blackjack76

Hey these winter meeting have become a big deal with ESPN and others senting truck loads of reporters, why not have a sponsor?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Hey these winter meeting have become a big deal with ESPN and others senting truck loads of reporters, why not have a sponsor?

That's odd sponsorship...

I doubt that anyone would pass by a Bank of America and say "Hey, I remember them sponsoring the baseball winter meetings! I think I'll open up an account."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe BOA cut them a deal on something, and they got the advertising in return. Either that or someone in the marketing department goofed and thought they were playing baseball, not meeting about it.

Bring back the Whale!

This is a great B2B sponsorship deal. Think about it...some 250 baseball franchises in attendance, more than 700 vendors...and all of them need to bank somewhere.

And while ESPN may not refer to it by its corporate name, BOA had banners behind the reporters at last year's BWM in Dallas, so they do get some free ad time there.

All in all, a great deal for BOA.

Cards.png

Bank of America is the official bank of Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball and Little League Baseball, so this sponsorship makes perfect sense.

Only NCAA Baseball eludes them. Although I'm sure that they are in talks as we speak to have the CWS renamed the "College World Series sponsored by Bank Of America"

Insert Witty Signature Here.

and all of them need to bank somewhere.

If they're not banking somewhere by now, they probably shouldn't have a franchise. Plus, if BOA is already the official sponsor of all of baseball (except college), the franchises and their employees are presumably already banking there (part of the overall deal) - so, by my calculations, that's no new outside business.

My guess is that BOA said "Hey, we'll pay for all expenses at the meetings, just advertise our company, and also, give us a lot more All-Star and World Series tickets and its a deal."

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I guess I don't understand enough about these meetings. Who is the target market of this sponsorship? I HIGHLY doubt that ESPN is going to throw it from Stuart Scott in the studio to Peter Gammons at the "Baseball Winter Meetings presented by Bank of America."

Almost. Stuart will throw it to Peter Gammons at the Baseball Winter Meetings presented by Bank of America during the Sports Update Presented by Old Spice on KFC's Baseball Tonight.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I guess I don't understand enough about these meetings.  Who is the target market of this sponsorship?  I HIGHLY doubt that ESPN is going to throw it from Stuart Scott in the studio to Peter Gammons at the "Baseball Winter Meetings presented by Bank of America."

Almost. Stuart will throw it to Peter Gammons at the Baseball Winter Meetings presented by Bank of America during the Sports Update Presented by Old Spice on KFC's Baseball Tonight.

Actually it would be more like:

"Now, Basehall Hall of Famer and Boston Red Sox consultant Peter Gammons at the Baseball Winter Meetings presented by Bank of America during the Sports Update Presented by Old Spice on KFC's Baseball Tonight."

Archived