Minnesota Wild Concept Revisited

Chief.

The first concept I ever posted on the boards was my own tweak of the Minnesota Wild logo and uniforms. Since the swift jersey template came out I decided to dig it up and make some new uniforms. In my original concept, the outline of the bear was light blue, but I decided to leave their original outline on this one. On the jerseys, I used some piping from the template just to try it out.

Also, which logo looks better, the one on the top, or the one on the uniforms with a black outline?

C&C please.

MinnesotaWild.png

I like these, but is there a reason the horizontal stripes don't go all the way around the arm? just wondering.

I like the logo on the jersey better. i think if you just left the gold/sand color without the outline, it would look like it was lacking definition somewhat. the outline brings out the sand better IMO

We are one!

These are horrid.

The colors the greenish color with the cream look terrible with the black and the template is an overly busy eyesore at best.

There's nothing vibrant about the muted colors, and that combined with the nighttime theme of the logo makes it all downright depressing.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Okay, spyboy1, I can take constructive critisism, and I can take suggestions to improve the concept. But when someone uses words like "horrid" and "eyesore" and "downright depressing", it flusters me a little. Please just help out a little and give suggestions, that's why I posted it.

Color-wise, you've used some creative colors, but haven't used them creeatively. The colors seem to need something else to compliment them. I can see why you moved away from the red, but there should be a non-green non-yellow color thrown in there.

The overall design is pretty busy, even considering the template. The same goes for the logo. With the darker color, it's easier to see that it's night, so you don't need to reinforce the night theme with the extra stars. Simplify the logo, simplify the striping on the jersey, add another color to balance the dark green and cream, and you've got something.

I would suggest doing soemthing on a simpler template and seeing how it "translates" to the swift template, rather than starting with the swift. That might confine you to a simpler design.

nhl94vansigpng.png

I'd make the dark jersey either black, or go with their original green and burgundy colors so that the bearhead sticks out more. It kinda gets lost in the jersey.

Other than that, this is as good as the Nike swift jerseys can look (althoug that's not saying much)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

He's got the black to go with the green and cream. I've had classes just on color, and what he has now works.

I'm sure this is just a matter of personal taste. I've never had a class just on colors, but I have left soda cans out in my backyard for weeks on end, and that faded look is exactly what the teal and cream suggest. Even if the cream was changed to gold or a brighter yellow, it would be an improvement. I would keep the teal if it were me, but it could just as easily be changed to a more "proper" green.

nhl94vansigpng.png

Okay, spyboy1, I can take constructive critisism, and I can take suggestions to improve the concept. But when someone uses words like "horrid" and "eyesore" and "downright depressing", it flusters me a little. Please just help out a little and give suggestions, that's why I posted it.

i thought his post was pretty fair, actually...

he basically says that all of your changes are downgrades from the original... to which i'll agree.

not your fault. you took a chance, and to some of us, it didn't work out for you.

not sure what kind of suggestions you want from him. juding by his reply, i say his suggestions are:

1) change the colors to something less passive and muted.

2) change the template to something less busy.

Archived