new uniforms for Mexico hockey

IronChefShark

Finally, Mexico hockey has a website.

Mexicohockey.com

and they have a new logo and new uniforms

mexico-logo.jpg

you can see the jerseys right here

and of course I sound biased, but I like the design I made for them better :P

although I must admit, these are much better than what they have worn in past years. They did the right thing by making green the primary color rather than red like they had in the past.

say what you want about Mexico having an ice hockey team, but at least they didnt go Swift with thier uniforms

flagmexico.gif

Team Mexico's sweater could have been better, but could have been far worse.

What caught my eye was on the Team Mexico website featuring another team called "Lomas Verdes Falcons" who's uniform is a blatent rip-off of the AHL's Springfield Falcons logo. If they got permission to use it, I didn't see it anywhere.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Ok, a joke and then some relatively serious discussion.

First, please look at this picture:

35355829_F_store.jpg

Why would the Mexican national team ever advertise that a piece of clothing was made in the USA? As a former resident of El Paso, Texas and frequent "border hopper," I'm all too familiar with the migration of textile jobs from the US side to just across the Rio Grande. Sorry, it would just be like China selling plastic toys that are "made in the USA."

As for their design, I hope that their primary wordmark wasn't created in the hopes of being taken seriously. It looks like a souvenier T design that you haggle for on Juarez Avenue. Even with such a bright color scheme, they had an opportunity to use a lot of imagery common to Mexican heritage, most notably the snake/serpent.

I love and respect Mexico and its history. The Aztecs, subsequent Spanish influences, etc. make for an opportunity to do something really innovative. Instead, they look like a souped-up over 40 co-ed softball team.

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Mexico has a hockey team?!?!?!

...wait...Mexico still has citizens? I thought they all came up to the US and tried to take over...

my bad...that's a work STILL in progress...

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Why would the Mexican national team ever advertise that a piece of clothing was made in the USA?

Because that's put on there by CafePress, which is the site they're using to run the shop.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I would assume Manny Fernandez will start in goal for their national team.

Fernandez is from the west side of Toronto...I don't think just because his last name is "Fernandez" automatically means hes from Mexico or any other South American country

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Mexico has a hockey team?!?!?!

After years of using leaf blowers they are now using hockey sticks. Seriously, how is Mexico having a hockey team any different than Israel or Thailand?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Just a quick straw poll. If this was the Harlem team, how many black jokes would you guys be making instead of Mexican jokes?

Thought so.

That being said, it would be interesting to see precisely how to turn a team bus into a low rider.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived