My Movie Poster

letsgomets1212

I am going to be making my own movie. Here is a teaser poster that I made. I am not entirely satisfied with it, maybe you could give me some ideas for it. If you have a better idea for the font, please give me the name of the font. Btw, a teaser poster is meant to show very little stuff from the film, so please don't suggest I put pictures of the characters, thats for a Theatrical Poster.

The original image is much larger and higher-quality, and this one is compressed which is why the letters and there outlines are not perfect, but you get the idea. Thanks for any C&C.

testposter39tv.jpg

I don't like Copperplate at all, but that's me. I like the font you have, but maybe blue/green/yellow outline instead of red?

By the way, the brain looks terrific. Absolutely great. Nice job.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

pretty good teaser. i would move the type below the brain and make it smaller. bigger doesn't mean better. i feel like a more casual serif font would work better in this instance, something like Clearface Gothic Bold, as seen here: http://sampler.linotype.com/sam?ID=12787&t...667&fontsize=50

sam.png

maybe just 'soon' instead of 'coming soon" and lose the red outline, looks amateurish. make the text the same color as the lightning and you've got a winner.

pretty good teaser. i would move the type below the brain and make it smaller. bigger doesn't mean better. i feel like a more casual serif font would work better in this instance, something like Clearface Gothic Bold.

maybe just 'soon' instead of 'coming soon" and lose the red outline, looks amateurish. make the text the same color as the lightning and you've got a winner.

I took what you said and this is what I did:

1. I left the type where it is. I just didn't look right anywhere else.

2. I don't have the font you are talking about, but I found a cool one that I think looks good.

3. "Soon" instead of "Coming Soon" just didn't work for me.

4. I got rid of the red outline.

5. I made the text lighter and I added a small dark outline to it.

With that being said, here is the latest version, LMK what you think:

testposter4b7jg.jpg

pretty good, but i really think the title needs to be smaller to make the image more striking. that font is all wrong for the piece, IMO.

i changed my mind about what font to use....i think industria is perfect for this piece, here's a transparent gif for you to use if you don't have the font:

brainstorm.gif

and here's my idea on the placement of the type on the poster:

testposter4b7jg.jpg

Do yourself and the rest of us a favor, and try it Joel's way, and show us side-by side.

What joel says about font and placement is 99.9% of the time dead on. Hes an expert.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

With just these small tweaks, this poster is looking 1000x more professional.

Very nice work.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

i only have the mac postscript version of Industria....if you can use it, i'd be happy to send it to you.

if not, it's available for $22 at fonts.com

I don't have Mac. Here, can you please just post a GIF of the words "COMING SOON" in that font in all lower-case letters, like you did before. Would appreciate it.

Archived