Site Outage Scheduled for Friday Night

CJR

I just wanted to let everyone know that we're going to be doing some work on the SportsLogos.Net server tonight and that the boards and the main site will be down.

The outage should start around 11:00 (Eastern) and will end whenever we're finished.

Unfortunately, end users won't see any changes but it will make things easier on Chris in the long run.

If you've got any questions about it, feel free to ask.

Sorry, should have been a bit more specific about that.

We're planning on a couple hours, hopefully as little as an hour but even if things go completely right it'll probably be more. If everything falls completely apart, that goes out the window, but we wouldn't be doing it if we planned on that happening. Of course, it's always the unplanned stuff you have to worry about.

Shut down for a while?

findmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplacefindmyhappyplace

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

From a programmer's perspective, what changes do you intend to do? I've noticed some differences on and off for the last two weeks...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I just wanted to let everyone know that we're going to be doing some work on the SportsLogos.Net server tonight and that the boards and the main site will be down.

The outage should start around 11:00 (Eastern) and will end whenever we're finished.

Unfortunately, end users won't see any changes but it will make things easier on Chris in the long run.

If you've got any questions about it, feel free to ask.

How will this affect Al Franken?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

From a programmer's perspective, what changes do you intend to do? I've noticed some differences on and off for the last two weeks...

We're wiping the server clean and reloading everything to make better use of some pre-installed software. I don't want to get too specific, but the idea is that Chris will have more control over the server itself rather than just the scripts running on it.

How will this affect Al Franken?

He'll sleep for exactly 1 second longer tonight.

Will any saved PM's be lost?

We'll be doing a full database backup to restore from. Unless my computer crashes in the middle of this (and even then, only if it's really bad), no data will be lost. That's actually why we'll be locking the boards down before starting this, so that we have a chance to get a completely up-to-date copy of the database.

Well, that sucked.

Obviously, the switchover did not go as smoothly as planned. It turned out that the database behind the boards was a hell of a lot bigger than I expected and it took me until about the sixth try of loading it to figure out the best way. My apologies for the stupid mistakes keeping the boards down so long.

The good news is that we're back, nothing was lost, and Chris now has fun new toys to play with.

And now I'm going to sleep.

Archived