17 Negro Leaguers head to HOF

NJTank

You know I dont know about puttng all oif these people in teh list maybe they have the nuber maybe they dont if there numbers are proven they shoudl probablly get in but all at once seems strange?

However leaving Buck O'Neal and Minnie Minoso out is very very odd those two shoudl be the first to get in.

How interesting. The two guys who're still alive, and maybe more deserving than most of those elected, aren't seleceted, including the one man that's been the face and voice of the Negro Leagues for decades. Great that they're getting more negro league people in, but sad it wasn't Buck's year. Maybe they're just waiting for them to die. How sad. Well, there's always next year, and Buck seems to be taking this with a lot of grace and honor so he'll get his.

It's a shame they left Buck O'neill off.

His contibutions to the game far outweigh some that are on taht list.

Agreed. Listening to him speak is one of the best parts of any documentary dealing with the Negro Leagues.

Ahhh... the good ole Buck... I trully enjoyed him listening the Ken Burns' Baseball...

And his numbers are too good... I never understand why he isn't in the HOF already time ago...

Is the HOF Committee waiting his death to induce him in???

Thats whats so puzzling about him being left off and is he bitter?

No hes got grace and class and said he will speak on behalf any of the 17 players at the induction ceremony.

No they do add a player or two from the Negro leagues each year. Guys like Pop Lloyd, Cool Papa Bell, Bullet Rogan, Oscar Charleston, Turkey Stearnes and others have already made the Hall. I assume Buck will have his time. One other big omission was Wild Bill Wright. He wasn't even on the 39 man list I think. That man also deserves to go in.

Archived