WLAF Birmingham

cyandlux

Good work. I think the swords and stars are well executed. I have two comments, however.

1. I'm not sure a military motif fits with the nickname "Renegades". I think of renegades as being outside the law rather than being a part of the military establishment (where being a renegade is generally heavily frowned upon). Does anyone else feel this way? I am, as always, open to rebuttal.

2. The light gray stripes on the helmet seem to fade into the blue/green/gray portion of the shell, maybe because the shell color looks a little washed out to me. Maybe reversing the gold and the gray in the helmet stripe or making the shell color a little darker will eliminate that problem.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Good work. I think the swords and stars are well executed. I have two comments, however.

1. I'm not sure a military motif fits with the nickname "Renegades". I think of renegades as being outside the law rather than being a part of the military establishment (where being a renegade is generally heavily frowned upon). Does anyone else feel this way? I am, as always, open to rebuttal.

2. The light gray stripes on the helmet seem to fade into the blue/green/gray portion of the shell, maybe because the shell color looks a little washed out to me. Maybe reversing the gold and the gray in the helmet stripe or making the shell color a little darker will eliminate that problem.

Ditto, but lose the stars and keep the swords I'd say it fits the name--it's the stars that throw it off for me,

But still well done idea.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Ditto every word of this. Exactly what I thought. (No upside-down smiley, either!)

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

If you maybe renamed them Rebels, that logo should work. Of course then the NAACP and Jesse Jackson would immediately call for a boycott of your league. However, that would be a boatload of publicity...

The Wordmark doesn't do it for me, though it is well executed. Too rounded for a military motif, IMHO. Since your swords are beveled or prismatic (I don't know the correct term since I ain't no designer), maybe you should carry that effect over to the letters too. It's an absolute pain to do, but there are some prismatic fonts out there somewhere (BulwarkNF comes to mind, but it's too straight and linear for this).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I like the logo and colors, but I would like to suggest an allternate nickname to Renegades.

A single Star general is called a Brigadier. A Brigadier General was at first strictly an infantry officer who commanded a brigade. He was also the only officer in a brigade to carry a sword when firearms became the standard weaponry.

The Birmingham Brigadiers still sounds proud and it keeps the colors and logo...with a slight alteration.

Take the 2 stars on either side of the swords off, and color the remaning star silver.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I like the logo and colors, but I would like to suggest an allternate nickname to Renegades.

A single Star general is called a Brigadier. A Brigadier General was at first strictly an infantry officer who commanded a brigade. He was also the only officer in a brigade to carry a sword when firearms became the standard weaponry.

The Birmingham Brigadiers still sounds proud and it keeps the colors and logo...with a slight alteration.

Take the 2 stars on either side of the swords off, and color the remaning star silver.

Thats a good suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived