USA flag on the back of MLB jerseys?

HurricaneDavid

Surely a left over... I was checking the MLB page watching for some new 2006 jerseys and none of them had an US flag behind.

But... it's not bad to bring back the US flag back (or Canadian flag in the Jays' jersey) in the jerseys when the guys will play ball in some national days like Vets' day, July 4th, etc.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

All minor league jerseys still have the patch, even new jerseys that are not hand-downs. It was a decision made in 2002 by MILB. Their membership voted to keep the patch.

The jersey that Clemens is wearing is his BP jersey from the Greenville (TN) Astros last season.

All minor league jerseys still have the patch, even new jerseys that are not hand-downs. It was a decision made in 2002 by MILB. Their membership voted to keep the patch.

Affirmative.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Surely a left over... I was checking the MLB page watching for some new 2006 jerseys and none of them had an US flag behind.

But... it's not bad to bring back the US flag back (or Canadian flag in the Jays' jersey) in the jerseys when the guys will play ball in some national days like Vets' day, July 4th, etc.

In 2001 after 9/11, which flag patch did the Blue Jays wear?

Yep, I was right.  Bush league all  the way....

Bush league to support your nation? I think NOT!

Bush league to wear an oversize, off-the-rack patch slapped on the back of a uniform, further cluttering the jersey design.

Yes, bush league. I stand by that.

Not to mention confusing "wearing a patch" with "supporting one's nation".... :P

In 2001 after 9/11, which flag patch did the Blue Jays wear?

What do you think? :P

Jays and Expos wore US Flags after 9/11... Expos continued to wear US Flags on their jackets until they were moved to the US Capital, and the Jays continue to wear US Flags on their caps on all US holidays (including the last ever all-Canadian matchup, which was in Puerto Rico of all places)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Jays and Expos wore US Flags after 9/11... Expos continued to wear US Flags on their jackets until they were moved to the US Capital, and the Jays continue to wear US Flags on their caps on all US holidays (including the last ever all-Canadian matchup, which was in Puerto Rico of all places)

The part about TOR-MON being played in Puerto Rico will make for a hell of a trivia question someday.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The part about TOR-MON being played in Puerto Rico will make for a hell of a trivia question someday.

Yeah, it is a hell of a situation.

Last All-Canadian MLB Game.

Canada Day weekend

in Puerto Rico

both teams with US Flags on their caps.

:flagcanada:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

A kind guy told me in a PM that I made a mistake with Vet's day and Memorial day. So take out the Vets' day because it's a day away of a MLB calendar, read it as Memorial day.

Thank you!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived