New BP caps?

SteveR

Here's Soriano from his initial press conference:

capt.flhg10402231845.nationals_spring_baseball_flhg104.jpg

The BP cap a) has a blue stripe in the bill and B) appears to be of a different material from the one I have from last year.

I would assume it's league-wide.

Anyone know?

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Here's Soriano from his initial press conference:

capt.flhg10402231845.nationals_spring_baseball_flhg104.jpg

The BP cap a) has a blue stripe in the bill and B) appears to be of a different material from the one I have from last year.

I would assume it's league-wide.

Anyone know?

Nope, that looks exactly like the style of BP caps that MLB has worn for a couple of years now. The 3930 UNIFIT from New Era. The material is similar to what the Majestic BP jerseys are made of.

The color in the bill is team-specific. Some teams have a different color, some don't. The Orioles have orange sandwiched in there, the Yanks go navy.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

yup, it's the same hat as last year.

No, the Nats wore BP caps with all-red bills last year. Photos from Spring Training show the blue bill-stripe on all of the BP caps this year, so it appears to be a change.

It's too bad, too, since the Nats were one of a minority of teams that avoided the silly and uglifying bill-edge stripe thing.

20082614447.png

yup, it's the same hat as last year.

No, the Nats wore BP caps with all-red bills last year. Photos from Spring Training show the blue bill-stripe on all of the BP caps this year, so it appears to be a change.

It's too bad, too, since the Nats were one of a minority of teams that avoided the silly and uglifying bill-edge stripe thing.

all they did was change the bill. its not a whole new design like the orginal poster thought it was. it is still the same materials and color scheme as before.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

mlb is still selling the newer style

i just saw a picture of Pedro throwing his does look a bit different but it is probably the same hat.

It's not just Pedro, it is all of the Mets. They definitely look different.

Archived