Weather Network Ad

Bleujayone

There's an ad circulating on cable advertising for the Weather Network. In it features a hockey player getting constantly traded from team to team and having press conferences putting on each team's sweater. Obviously none of them are real NHL teams, but some of the logos looked good. Some of the teams featured included the Vancouver Knights, the Calgary Inferno, and the Boston Grizzlies. Most teams are mentioned only by the city and the shots of each logo are usually for a few frames at best.

Has anyone else seen this ad? Does anyone know where I might be able to get the ad? I want to freeze-frame it and see all the logos featured. I'd like to see if these are actual logos used by minor teams past or present, original works, or just stock artwork. (No, I tried looking at the theweathernetwork.com- no dice there)

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

While we're on the subject of hockey-related advertising, did anyone catch the Chevrolet ads running during the Olympics? I only saw it on mute at work, but It showed lots of generic hockey action, was done in the colors of burgundy and blue, and showcased two of its trucks back to back - the Colorado and the Avalanche.

Ahem.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

While we're on the subject of hockey-related advertising, did anyone catch the Chevrolet ads running during the Olympics? I only saw it on mute at work, but It showed lots of generic hockey action, was done in the colors of burgundy and blue, and showcased two of its trucks back to back - the Colorado and the Avalanche.

Ahem.

Yeah that just shows how poorly ran a company General Motors is. Do you really think it's a good idea have two trucks who's names combined is the name of its hometown's beloved hockey team's archrival? :P

Even funnier is that GM Headquarters and The Joe are both on the Detroit waterfront.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

• 11 months later...

I knew I'd find it eventually. Gotta Love YouTube.

Somebody had some fun mocking up various uniforms. Some of them aren't half bad.

Weather Network Ad- NHL Journeyman

1.Toronto Monarchs (Burgundy & Navy) Basically Colorado's colors with a logo that almost looks like Toronto FC

2. Miami (Royal Blue & Black) (no logo)

3. Chicago Badgers (Hunter Green & Royal Blue) Color combo stinks, logo would be okay for AHL

4. Montreal (Blue & Yellow) (no logo)

5. Calgary Inferno (Black, Red, Yellow) (no logo the first time, bu the second time he's with them you see the logo. Basically just a different version of the Flames.

6. Los Angeles (Red?) (no logo)

7. Dallas Marshals (Blue & Old Gold) like the Old West logo.

8. Ottawa (Red & Black) Can't quite make out the logo it almost looks like a black wing

9. Boston Polar Bears (Black & Silver) This would be a better 3rd jersey logo than the other bear jersey the Bruins had.

10. New York Empires (Blue & Black) Looks like the logo is the Empire State Building.

11. Vancouver Knights (Blue & Silver) Longest look at this logo. Not a bad font and logo.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Archived