New NFL changes for 2006?

walkdesign

Raiders-although they want the old-timey, traditional unis (which is fine)... they need to update and stay with the times cuz there's a new tradition in Oaktown: losing...

Green Bay-grew up a GB (Favre) fan, but DAMN their unis are the ugliest around in my opinion. Another case of a team keeping with tradition... UPDATE guys!

Kansas City-just a minor update would suit them, I think...

Minnesota-something needs to happen... too boring and dull for me... screams LSU

Cleveland-maybe a helmet logo is too much to ask? Might shock Browns fans, though

Those are some of my opinions, guys.......

Raiders-although they want the old-timey, traditional unis (which is fine)... they need to update and stay with the times cuz there's a new tradition in Oaktown: losing...

Green Bay-grew up a GB (Favre) fan, but DAMN their unis are the ugliest around in my opinion. Another case of a team keeping with tradition... UPDATE guys!

Minnesota-something needs to happen... too boring and dull for me... screams LSU

Cleveland-maybe a helmet logo is too much to ask? Might shock Browns fans, though

he didnt ask what you thought needed to change.

and as for the cleveland slam, the team you use as a namesake(LSU) has one of the ugliest helmets out there. and i am pretty sure the majority of the browns fans would riot in the streets if they added a logo to the helmet, i being one.

seems you picked on all the teams that have traditional yet successfull looks.

he didnt ask what you thought needed to change.

and as for the cleveland slam, the team you use as a namesake(LSU) has one of the ugliest helmets out there. and i am pretty sure the majority of the browns fans would riot in the streets if they added a logo to the helmet, i being one.

seems you picked on all the teams that have traditional yet successfull looks.

I have no problem with any of those uniforms.

Arizona and Atlanta on the other hand I find to be absolutely awful.

Just as silence can sometimes speak volumes, the Browns helmet is perfect just the way it is! Im so tired of people critisizing the Brown's helmets just for not having a logo...well they dont need one! The Browns helmet is perfect just the way it is!

What does an uncapped year have to do with uniform changes?

Teams have better things to worry about than their uniforms, right now.

Do you really think that the teams are only capable of focusing on one thing at a time?

Should they put everything on hold just in case there's a problem with the CBA?

What does an uncapped year have to do with uniform changes?

Teams have better things to worry about than their uniforms, right now.

Do you really think that the teams are only capable of focusing on one thing at a time?

Should they put everything on hold just in case there's a problem with the CBA?

It's a joke. Get it? It's sarcasm.

I guess it's either:

wasted on you folks (50% probability)

hard to convey on a message board (50% probability)

i am pretty sure the majority of the browns fans would riot in the streets if they added a logo to the helmet, i being one.

I being another.

I am begging that all you "update and modernize" fans please leave our Browns out of the conversation. There are plenty of other teams whose uniforms you can lobby to ruin. Look what happened to poor Arizona when someone decided to heed your call for an "update." They went from classy to clown suits in the time it takes to say "modernize." I fear that if you keep it up someone in The Browns front office may actually think an "update" (otherwise known as a garish nightmare) might be a good idea. Please leave us alone. :D

they need to update

UPDATE guys!

just a minor update would suit them

Buffalo, Atlanta and Arizona all "updated" their uniforms with disasterous results. You seriously think other teams should do that? When it comes to design, change for the sake of change is a dangerous thing.

lsu-green-101503.jpgvikings_59209.jpg

Yeah, the resemblence is striking. :rolleyes:

The real question is who had the shoulder stripes on the white jerseys first, LSU or the Vikings? Football Uniforms Past & Present shows that the Vikings began using those shoulder stripes on the white uniforms in 1969. Anyone know when LSU started with this style?

The real question is who had the shoulder stripes on the white jerseys first, LSU or the Vikings? Football Uniforms Past & Present shows that the Vikings began using those shoulder stripes on the white uniforms in 1969. Anyone know when LSU started with this style?

This is a picture from the LSU "Chinese Bandit" era (late 50s or so) with the shoulder loops. I take no responsibility for the potentially offensive masks being worn by the players. This was the only picture I could find of LSU uniforms from before 1969.

Source: Andonie Museum

chinese_bandits-thumb.jpg

Look what happened to poor Arizona when someone decided to heed your call for an "update." They went from classy to clown suits in the time it takes to say "modernize." :D

Arizona's old uniforms were some of the drabbist, most boring uniforms in sports. They should have changed them when they moved to Arizona. They never won anything in those out-of-style things. The update was good, if they would have used the red pants and got rid of that silly, out-of-place gray facemask. Very few people liked those old things (even in Arizona).

And please, Atlanta looks much better now than they did with those drab unis they used to wear. Those dirty gray pants and white shoes looked bad. At least they got into the 21st century with their update.

I would say that the Browns are a lock for a change in 06' (of course, its going to be a retro change; an already old uniform is going to get even older looking). And, I think the Vikings will have a few minor tweaks (hopefully; their road uniforms are just plain bad and outdated).

Tampa Bay should be allowed to have a pewter alt. Pewter is a dark color and the contrast with that color and a opponent in a white jersey would be no problem at all. They wear them in training camp and I think a pewter version of their current uniform (with white numbers outlined in red/black) with the pewter helmets, white pants, black socks and black shoes would be one of the sharpest, most unique looks EVER. Too bad (for some reason) the league won't let it happen.

Archived