NHL uniform Changes 06-07

Colinium

Hey, I saw this over at the canucks.com forum. Seems interesting to me, I dont really like it, but thats cuz I really like the current set the Nucks have especially with the addition of the old stick logo on the shoulders. Anyone know any truth to this? The thing is the blue line isnt the canucks offical store. I'm gonna try to give their official store a call in the morning when they are open, but well see how thins go, finals are over and im going home, so might not get to it. Anyway this was on canucks.com's board...

"so a friend of mine goes to blue line to get the 3rd jersey.. and they say oh we dont have those any more.. theyre not gonna be worn next year.. so shes like.. well whats the 3rd gonna be? and theyre like teh blue vintage.. so yup.. that should be good."

SEAsig.png

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vintage from which year?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Ahh yes, that info might be required, sorry i kinda got ahead of myself. Its the 1972 Blue Vintage jersey. The ones they have been wearing for the last two seasons on occasion. Not so much this season, but it still made a few apperances.

I did call Authentix, the canucks official arena store, and one of the workers told me they had heard that rumor about dropping the current 3rd jersey, but hadn't heard anything official. I like the 1972 jersey, but the 3rd is my favorire and being that it isn't even in the same colors as the canucks currently wear would be kinda weird as the official 3rd jersey. I guess Edmonton and Nashville have 3rds that arent exactly their colors, so you never know.

SEAsig.png

"It's official: The NHL will not have new form-fitting uniforms next season."

And the Lawd says you got to rise up-ahhh!

yeah i saw that in uni-watch, but was it said anywhere else?

If UniWatch says it, then it's good as gospel.

• 3 weeks later...
Possible new Ducks logos:

http://img85.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c6f29e4fbe217ia.png

(just passing along a link, no other info)

I like both of them. They both blow wild wing away.

Thats exactly what I imagined for the ducks text, good find.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Does that image deserve its own thread? I'm thinking it might.

Anyway, I think the shield looks good, if not a bit too similar to Atlanta. The webbed D is okay, but not earth-shattering.

I was originally thinking the images would be more traditional. Guess I was wrong. Good find though.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think this merits its own new topic, so I found this old thread.

I had the Islander game on last night, and play-by-play guy Howie Rose said that three teams will be getting new jerseys next year: the Ducks, the Sabres, and the Capitals. He said the Sabres' new ones will be a hybrid of their original jerseys and a comtemporary design, and that the Capitals will use red, white, and blue. No word on the Ducks' design (other than they're dropping the "Mighty").

I hope he's right.

I found this somewhere, not sure who did this or where it was from i just remember saving it because it looked awesome (also a fan of the sabres).

SabersAlt.jpg

It would be awesome if they went with this, if the Capitals go with red/black/silver, that would be absolutely retarded. Even with Red/blue/white, its mostly the Rangers and Hab's colours, they should OWN that, any other team would look pathetic by comparison.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I found this somewhere, not sure who did this or where it was from i just remember saving it because it looked awesome (also a fan of the sabres).

SabersAlt.jpg

It would be awesome if they went with this, if the Capitals go with red/black/silver, that would be absolutely retarded. Even with Red/blue/white, its mostly the Rangers and Hab's colours, they should OWN that, any other team would look pathetic by comparison.

arrrgh i've been so excited about all this talk about the returnof the blue and gold. i just assumed (like most people im sure) it meant the return of the old style logo. dont tell me its the goat head in different colors :wacko:

Did anyone else catch this small line in the latest Uni Watch?

"It's official: The NHL will not have new form-fitting uniforms next season."

Paul Lukas

Nope, it'll be 07-08:

"the NHL is slated to debut its long-rumored slim-fit unis in 2007-08"

Uni-Watch 4-13-06

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I don't think this merits its own new topic, so I found this old thread.

I had the Islander game on last night, and play-by-play guy Howie Rose said that three teams will be getting new jerseys next year: the Ducks, the Sabres, and the Capitals. He said the Sabres' new ones will be a hybrid of their original jerseys and a comtemporary design, and that the Capitals will use red, white, and blue. No word on the Ducks' design (other than they're dropping the "Mighty").

I hope he's right.

So, if this is true, when could we expect unveilings?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Archived