ACC Football Concepts

Ben5

Very nice project you've got going there.

Question about the GT unis- You said the helmet had the logo in black with a white outline, but then you said you added a navy Alt. But as far as I can tell, they appear to be the same color in your image. Do you intend the logo to be navy, instead?

As an alum, you'd expect me to revolt, but I think you've done nicely here. My only concern is that the white jersey doesnt have much blue on it to go with blue pants, or even with the heavy blue stripes on the gold pants. Particularly with the navy socks.

Thank you for pairing the white jersey with gold pants. That is the classic favorite preferred look for the Jackets.

I'd like them to adopt the navy again as their dark jersey, rather than the gold. not a huge fan of it, especially when the textile color of the jersey doesnt quite match the helmet paint.

The gold pants with botht he white and the navy are the winners here.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the start of this series, I made an ACC logo that I was planning to use for all the teams. I made my template with the logo on it. I planned on using that template for all the concepts, but after a while I updated it with a different non-ACC team. This template was better and easier for me to use, but I had taken the ACC logo off it. When I did the teams I hadn't done after this, the new template was used and I just forgot to put the logo back on. I realize that you probably can't follow all that, so I'll make an easy to use list in the correct order:

1. Make template with ACC logo

2. Do about half the teams with template

3. Update template, remove ACC logo

4. Re-do a few teams and finish remaining teams with new template

So as you can see, Miami has no special preference.

• 3 weeks later...

It's about time this series got finished.

Wake Forest: At first I thought this was going to be the easiest to do. But in the last few weeks, I've had second thoughts. Should I go more modern? The jersey styles here have changed a lot in the past. And they may be going more modern in the (near) future. In the end, I went with a more traditional design.

wake.gif

Thanks to everyone who has commented on these concepts. I really had a lot of fun doing them. I am thinking about doing other conferences, but with exams and a possible internship I don't know how much time I'll have. But we'll see.

DJR- thanks man. I like it best when the students/alumni of the school like the concepts. Like I said though, I really doubt that we will go in this direction. In fact, we will probably go in a more futuristic direction, kinka like how Missoui went.

sacker- I thought a lot about the white helmets, and I decided to move away from that. Both Miami and NC State have white helmets, and no one has red.

Nice job on those Wake Forest unis. I think that is a definite upgrade. IMO, a set of white pants, and gold pants only (no black), would look better and eliminate the possibility of a monochromatic black set.

Nice job though. :D

buffalo_sig.png

• 7 years later...

Fabulous concept designs Ben. But I have one curious question. Which American football jersey template did you use to develop those concepts? I personally love that design!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Fabulous concept designs Ben. But I have one curious question. Which American football jersey template did you use to develop those concepts? I personally love that design!

Really man, how far did you have to dig through the forum to find this?

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Simple, I basically searched and decided to curiously post.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

You probably didn't realize the thread was 7 years old did ya. But, if I'm not mistaken you've been a frequent accuser of this, bumping a thread that hasn't been posted on in years. So, I'd suggest you stop it now.

You probably didn't realize the thread was 7 years old did ya. But, if I'm not mistaken you've been a frequent accuser of this, bumping a thread that hasn't been posted on in years. So, I'd suggest you stop it now.

*slow claps*

Phew, we got Scruggy on the case. Fear not, fair citizens!

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

*slow claps*

Phew, we got Scruggy on the case. Fear not, fair citizens!

Learning slowly...slowly

manners.jpg

StLouisCardinals.png

CowboysClassic_zpsb3d9923d.png

#9 LSU vs. TCU

manners.jpg

Ooohhh. That's cute. You should get a PotD.

Archived